What are you doing tonight?

We had some "representatives " of a business give a talk a couple of years ago. They wanted to “empower” the local population by taking their (meagre) savings and investing them in these infernal offshore machines, thus giving them a vast return on their money - yeah right! They weren’t impressed when I pointed out that this was one of the least windy parts of france and that we lived in a natural parc, not a wind farm. They couldn’t produce any figures either.

After they went, we had a vote, 10 for, 1 against (me). I just hope it’s not the same lot tonight.

3 Likes

The pizza was so good, really really good, we’re doing it again tonight :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Pizza looks good :blush:

1 Like

Guess what working

3 Likes

Beer and rugby again :football::football::beer::beer::grin:

2 Likes

Been for a glorious stroll up to the cemetery this evening… sunshine and butterflies… (and yesterday it was perishing)

I was given another huge bunch of mimosa… at lunchtime… and thought they would bring a ray of sunshine to the “garden of remembrance” where several friends of all nationalities are scattered… and I popped some sprigs here and there on tombs which seem to have no-one to care for them…

Starving now that we are back home… thankfully, one of my specials is sizzling in the oven…

Kilo of Entrecote on the BBQ!

actually I’ve ditched it and bought another. There was just nothing, … tried fresh batteries, cleaned the terminals. Took it apart and think now that the LED display is knackered since everything else seems to be fizzing with power but, without an LED display, I don’t know what settings it is on. So heyho, Amazon France will deliver another to me on Wednesday. Meanwhile, the critter is still barging around so we shall find out hopefully on Wednesday evening. I shall keep you informed.

1 Like

4 Likes

This is so tasty!

http://www.bignalet.com

2 Likes

tracking my daughters 747 en route to Denver, CO. Intrigued why the flight arcs north - passing over Greenland, Canada and down to Colorado. Will be happier when she lands.

Great Circle path?

2 Likes

let me google that :wink:

that would seem to explain it - thankyou.

I hope your daughter had a good flight.
My son is going to Denver at the end of April. I too will be tracking his flight.
When my daughter went to Australia last year I joined a messenger service where Melbourne sent me flight updates. I knew which number carousel her luggage would be on before she did. Technology at its finest.

1 Like

Fabulous routing on a clear day - icebergs, lakes, mountains - wonderful!

1 Like

Yes arrived safely thank you. She is off to a number of Asian countries from mid April through to July and we’ll probably track those flights too. The technology is pretty good. I hope your son has fun.

1 Like

I can well imagine.

1 Like