What do you drive?

Other options are available.

How about this for an exhibit? You donā€™t get much more classic than my heap! :rofl:

3 Likes

Magnificent Pete, had a couple, similar, last one about 50yrs ago, great for hauling my sailing dinghys around and up and down the beach at St Bees, Cumberland and the Lakes :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Work :grinning:

As definedā€¦ :+1::grinning:

1 Like

My favourite feature is the stainless steel ball that is the gear knob :heart_eyes:. The pile of tack in back is a set of 4 fold-up passenger seats I bought for Euro 100 from a fellow with write-off series 3 in the valley here. I havenā€™t got round to taking out the old bench seats yet, and installing the nouveaux. :wrench::nut_and_bolt::anguished:

2 Likes

Cant beat a good olā€™ Series Landy!!!

2 Likes

Mine had the headlamps in the radā€™ grill, what series is that?
One fell in half, chassis rusted away just forward of the rear spring hangers, found a scrapper with the back half of the chassis solid (ish), cut mine in half, welded and plated the two halves together, in business again, they were like a big boys meccano set :+1: :wink:

3 Likes

Out today, ordering a new, Dacia Stepway, not ā€˜quiteā€™ the same thing. :slightly_smiling_face:

Either a Series Iā€¦

S1LR

Or a Series IIā€¦

S11LR

2 Likes

3 Likes

Beautiful vehicles those two early models, meticulous maintenance, wish mine was not so scabby and tatty, but itā€™s a workhorse, not an exhibition model. Fair amount of rust about in mine, but still seems structurally sound. Floor panels rusted, but the holes and gaps let as much water out as runs in :sweat_drops::+1::grinning:

2 Likes

Yep agreed youā€™ve not lived unless youā€™ve owned and loved an original miniā€¦! My first carā€¦loved herā€¦x :slight_smile:

Also had several ex army open backed land rovers with kids and collies in the back and memories of one of my favourite summertimesā€¦

Several ford transit vansā€¦

Isuzu trooper shortbackā€¦a front wheel fell off when I had two of my kids in the carā€¦lucky my reactions were immediate and we all escaped unscathedā€¦

Ford mondeoā€¦probably the most boring car I have ever ownedā€¦

3 volvos including the uk rhd estate that got me here with 3 Border Collies in the back ā€¦(sadly now only 2ā€¦)

Now driving a lhd Renault Laguna estate which I am slowly warming toā€¦x :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Carl, so both mine were Series 2, petrol hardtops, great fun :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:

Had the miniā€™s Helen, one new, written off, (not my fault), first one ancient, while doing a ā€˜flierā€™ from work, Windscale, overloaded with mates went over a bump, the mini broke in half, end of that one :cry:
Had two Volvos, they were good, a Saab 900i, that was good.
Worst BL! Dreadful

My partner is ā€˜toyingā€™ with the idea of one of those when he changes his car Bill. Do let us know how she handles and what extras you have opted for please :slightly_smiling_face::red_car::oncoming_automobile::blue_car::fuelpump:

Will do Ann.
Itā€™s a ā€˜limited editionā€™ so has pretty well all we want, aā€™cā€™ etc But spare wheel was extra and mats, and extended guarantee, donā€™t expect ā€˜sparkling performanceā€™, but itā€™s comfortable, main thing I will miss is the leather seats in the RAV, but weā€™re keeping that as my Super U trolly :slightly_smiling_face:

I really canā€™t understand why we should be charged for the spare wheel, itā€™s not an extra but required by law! Had the same thing with my Citroen Berlingo, although the mats were included :wink:
The Dacia range and prices are impressive when compared to the ā€˜competionā€™, and as my partner has a smallish budget I think that he will choose something from their range when the time comes.
The good newsā€¦I will be allowed a say in the colour/model too :open_mouth::hugs:

1 Like

Colours are limited (not as bad as the model T Ford, any colour you want, as long as itā€™s black, said 'enry :wink:).
Think the spare wheel thing is quite common now, you get an aerosol do dah instead :roll_eyes:

Not even that in my BMW Bill, just a plastic card to call out the BMW Service Technician.

I think, these days, a high proportion of new-car buyers have not the first clue as to how to change a wheel anyway as, even if a spare is supplied, quite a few folk still call out their breakdown provider to change the wheel.

1 Like