What has brightened your day? -ongoing thread

That’s the sort of thing that gives you a warm glow Nellie…

Hope that there isn’t too much snow around up there, it’s lovely on a photo but not so good when you have to work in it . x

There was snow on the cars last night after work and a bit more in the night. I drove from Preston where there was quite a bit of snow on the roadside through to the Flyde today and a you could see it clear closer to the coast. Fortunately I am off until Saturday so if need be I can stay around home

1 Like

A school boy gave me his seat on the bus this morning. I didn’t know if I should be proud that such children still exist or upset that he thought I might need it

3 Likes

Knowing it’s the last few hours of dry Thursday :wink:

1 Like

Aw bless :slight_smile:

We were taught as children to stand up in the presence of an adult as a spinal reflex e.g not mediated by the brain at all. Like when the teacher entered the classroom, or when a grown-up was standing on the tram.

Same reflex with school cap-removal, calling gentlemen “Sir”, ladies “Ma’am” and lady teachers “Miss” as they were always technically spinsters. :scream:

awwww fond memories of Miss Brown, my primary school teacher with her hair in a bun :relaxed:

Have just received an e -mail from the passport office saying that my 'ex’s application for a new passport has been approved and his new passport will be sent shortly!

He let this lapse some years ago insisting that he didn’t need one, after several months of trying to get him to see sense, especially re Brexit he finally agreed that I could get the ball rolling!

So, if needs be for a CDS at least I can gather some paperwork together … Hey ho ! :thinking:

1 Like

Very late entry but this did remind me of a wonderful garden lunch a few years ago, when amongst the attendees were two homosexual guys, when someone said ‘mixing wine and beer makes you queer’ which stopped the conversation stone dead until we realised the two guys were laughing their socks off!

1 Like

:wink::wink: In similar situations… I have to chuckle when folk say (almost apologetically)… they’re Gay you know… (as if that makes any difference)…

folk are folk… I either like them or I don’t… and it depends on whether they are friendly or aloof … simple as that… and, sometimes the aloof ones “melt” under the warmth of my smile… :roll_eyes::hugs::wink::wink:

Anyway… my day has got off to a roaring start… received a Wedding Invitation… for the end of August, in UK… really chuffed that the happy couple have included us… as honorary grandparents… yippee… suits me.

Now then… I’ve nothing to wear… mmmm… I feel some serious shopping coming on… although OH is threatening to hide the bank card… :roll_eyes::wink::hugs:

2 Likes

Stella,
I too, think some serious shopping is required, after all you are representing the French side of things & after all chic is chique & you must be an Ambassador for it, n’est pas?

1 Like

Absolutely… I was “very French” at my brother’s funeral in UK last year… and friends and family loved my outfit… (I like to bring a smile to even the darkest moments) … and a Wedding certainly deserves something a little extra… :hugs:

I’m so chuffed… elderly neighbour stopped by today and gave us a huge bouquet of mimosa and some fresh eggs…

village life is really something special… :hugs:

1 Like

Well you do live in Lancashire.

1 Like

Certainly brightened my day.

Unexpected presents from a visitor… (I’m trying to persuade OH that the flowers are for him and the brandy is for me… :upside_down_face: )

7 Likes

Day started rather gloomily. Woke, sat on edge of bed, staring at bare feet. Saw strange lump close to big toe. Gave it a cautious poke. Definitely not an illusion. Not painful, mobile and softish. Thought “Oh dear!”.

Went down to make a cuppa, thought about lump, put on thinking cap and did a sort of mental clinical algorithm.

Eventually, using Google to research #interphalangeal soft-tissue lump big toe found image of its twin: traumatic ganglion. I had suspected same, and was reassured.

In earlier days people who presented to their GP with these had them smacked smartly with a leatherbound copy of Gray’s Anatomy, to squish them, but more modern treatments are available.

I have possibly overdone the spadework double-digging my potager, but the relief brightened my day, and I sowed a row of dwarf peas to celebrate.

4 Likes

Good grief Peter… phew… so glad it all turned out OK. :hugs:

1 Like

I read Peter’s third sentence and my immediate thought was ‘bit rude about Mrs Goble’.:grinning:

1 Like

@tim17 “strange lump…”

How hallux vulgus of you! :star_struck::rofl:

1 Like