What has brightened your day? -ongoing thread

The daughters are a lot cleverer and harder-working and altogether better than I am (:heart: bursting with pride).

4 Likes

You are too modest Vero.

3 Likes

Fantastic news! Well done that girl!

2 Likes

C’est sa mère toute crachée ! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Peut-on dire aussi c’est son père tout craché (s’il s’agit du fils)? :thinking::upside_down_face:

1 Like

Exact, c’est ca!

1 Like

On peut aussi dire d’une fille que c’est son père tout craché et d’un garçon que c’est sa mère tout craché :wink: c’est invariable d’après ma prof de français du collège

2 Likes

So it’s the spit what’s spat, no matter what spitter spatters?

1 Like

Must be something to to with the DNA in the spit. A clone (mini ma or pa) derived from a gobful !
“Spit or spatters” it’s the DNA that matters. :rofl:

1 Like

It is short for c’est son portrait (tout) craché so exactly like the English expression - god knows where the actual spitting comes in though :thinking:

1 Like

We do have the expression Spitting Image which seems more akin than chip off the old block.

What I was referring to :laughing:

1 Like

In Norwegian, it’s “snot”…blown out of noses.

"French - “C’est le portrait craché de son père” (“He’s the spitting portrait of his father”) and Norwegian - “som snytt ut av nesen paa” (“as blown out of the nose of”).

1 Like

Yuk, I’d much rather be a “chip off the old block”.

1 Like

:blush: …and I think I’d rather be a …clone?
than a chip, booger or gob…

Too much body fluid for moi :nauseated_face::nauseated_face:
Did I mention my orchid has flowered again, after three years :blossom::blossom:

2 Likes

…thank you for your reply, Helen…I haven’t forgotten to write about it, …I’m still thinking.

Don’t recall your mention of the orchid, sounds lovely!

FYI snot and spit are a mere drop in the ocean of eliminated body fluid , and details can be made available to the interested enquirer. :sweat_smile::joy::sob::rofl::sneezing_face::triumph::drooling_face::sleepy:

NO…please!

6 Likes