What has brightened your day? -ongoing thread

I have just heard from my Conservative MP’s office that they have written, as a whole, to condemn
Dominic Cummings flee to Durham and his flouting of lock-down regulations.

3 Likes

A chaffinch who built her tiny perfectly formed nest in a hydrangea just outside my back door and sat patiently through wind sun and rain has hatched all 5 of her tiny eggs…:heart:

12 Likes

Helen your snap has made my day :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

5 Likes

Our youngest two turned up out of the blue this afternoon, first time we’ve seen either of them since before the lockdown.

6 Likes

Oh… how lovely… :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Received a wonderful email from the Met police early this morning.
Thanks to their intervention, my 95 year old mother has had returned £60,000 that was frauduently taken from her bank account. She is now able to continue paying her care at home fees which are over a £1000 a week. 9 months of stress over!

6 Likes

My husband managed to save this little one, a rarety
Cat 2 Us 1

7 Likes

But the problem for all those who are self funding is that they are paying over the odds for those who are ‘funded’ by the state.
I am glad she got her money back nevertheless.
We had a wonderful lunch with friends and the cheesecake disappeared.

1 Like

Got phone and internet back after storm damage last week :grin:. Sad thing is, how much we rely on it (internet) these days. Looks like I’ve got t a lot to catch up on…

5 Likes

I bought 3 new chickens yesterday, & finished the workshop roof.

7 Likes

I found my misplaced (UK) Debit card in the back pocket of my shorts. That was a relief, I thought I had lost it in Paris.

My joy was somewhat mitigated by the fact that I reported it missing yesterday, so it has been cancelled. No suspicious withdrawals recorded. I shall have to wait for a replacement to be delivered, to a UK postal address.

Happy days! :uk::thinking::grinning:

I still have UK cards. There was no problem when I transferred my a/c to my French address. They happily send correspondence and replacement cards to France.

Not Santander. I have to go in person to a UK Branch to register a change of address.

We are still waiting for our ligne fixe and have been told that it will be come time in July. We are waiting after the storm damage in December, it will be more than six months, if they actually stick to their timetable.
We are waiting for permission from the Departement to erect new poles at the side of our roads.

I had a Giro a/c, but by the time I moved to France, it was privatized and sold to Alliance & Leicester and had no problem transferring it then. A & L has since been taken over by Santander and I have never had to present myself at a UK branch.
So I guess you are up against the latest anti-laundering regulations that have been cleverly introduced to make life more difficult for ordinary account holders, while not affecting the financial trickery of the rich.
But I can appreciate that it’s not not convenient to self isolate for a fortnight just because of a 15 minute appointment!

2 Likes

We have had our tax return from the tax that was taken wrongly for social care, as we have S1s.
It has taken so long that we had almost given up.

2 Likes

We are back online, no internet since Friday evening, hooray.

2 Likes

My new Border Collie puppy has been born in UK and is a week old tomorrow…:slightly_smiling_face:

All being well he will go to my daughter in 7 weeks and she will arrange his pet passport at 12 weeks…then we have a tentative date for my son to drive him over to Brittany on 14th October…

Love him already…:heart:

6 Likes

They are putting the poles up for our new telephone line, no landline since the 15th December.

2 Likes