What has brightened your day? -ongoing thread

Finally getting an appointment for CdS at Perigueux. Not 'til September but gives me time to gather the paperwork from various folders.

1 Like

Thanks Stella. Drinking Benylin max strength.

1 Like

Get well soon, a teaspoon of honey with a drop of ravintsara helps too.

B’ has me on ginger and honey, I have a serious dose of ‘man flu’, B’ has a simple cold, which she has given me.
Of course it has escalated, dramatically phuff :unamused:

1 Like

So real !

2 Likes

Thats a ‘bit cruel’, My Sweet! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Are you vaccinated against whooping cough? Neither the vaccine nor having had it give lifelong immu ity, as I have discovered. I have been whooping for some 6 weeks now and probably have another 6 to go… it is no fun.

I went out to lunch and took my 86 year old car for a drive. Over 150km of beautiful sunny countryside. Lunch was good too.
I was overtaken a few times, the score was;
Vehicles that passed me = 5
Vehicles that I passed = 0
Every single tractor on the road was going in the opposite direction giving me little opportunity to score.

4 Likes

You lucky beggar… :relaxed:

1 Like

86?? This I gotta see!!! Any pictures to gladden the heart David?

1 Like

Thanks Vero, on the mend today. A horrible summer head cold.

I’ve just had a call from Jim who is at the garage in Macon having a new sensor put into the air conditioning.
He will be a bit longer than he thought as they have found a mouse nest, chewed wires and lots of ants!

3 Likes

5 stere of loose logs arriving this afternoon…30 degrees. I’m sweating at the thought of it.

Phew… glad it’s not me… (but thanks for reminding me to contact our “man”).

We arrange a “wood party” with lots of beers etc in the fridge for those who come to help shift and stack …

As sole shifter and stacker, the beers are all mine😎

1 Like

In which case… I would just let the wood lie where it falls… and shift and stack once the day cools down a little bit… you can enjoy a beer or two in the meantime :relaxed:

1 Like

:joy::+1:

What has brightened a difficult day… an unexpected invitation to the Charente… yippee… . we’re off tomorrow to spend a couple of days with great friends… :grin::grin:

And Andy Murray has just beaten Stan Wawrinka.

I sometimes wonder if there is a law that requires the orderly stacking of logs. Everyone seems to stack their firewood, some stackers going to obsessive lengths to ensure absolute symmetry.

I don’t stack my logs. The forestier who delivers tham just dumps them outside my corrugated zinc shed, and I fling them in like a welly-wonger, assisted by my daughter. They are unartfully piled and air circulates freely amongst them so they dry nicely and burn beautifully.

But I sometimes think I am brutalising French aesthetic sensibilities by my behaviour, and flouting some ancient norm.

Please tell me, though I shall probably ignore it.