What haven't you done, ever?

Never been on a “Package Holiday”…

1 Like

Does 0-0 make for a bad game and 6-0 a good one?

there is the question.

When it comes to matches there have been some pretty boring 10 nil wins and some brilliant nil nil games. Alas for me foolsball lost its thrill many years ago.

Watching a couple of up and coming fighters atm though so boxing is fast becoming something im getting back into but unless there is a fight near to me with a fighter I like I won’t be going.

I suppose you and Simon and David are talking about the XV version of the game, largely played by big girls. The REAL game is rugby league, played by men…
There’s some played down you way Simon, give it a go and watch the world’s greatest game !

1 Like

I really haven’t ever seen the attraction Peter. Each to his own. If you want to play with fewer players you might as well cut straight to sevens.

Yep - but - a scoreless game?

(PS - smiley added to your original quote…:-:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

1 Like

Ooooowwwwww :handbag::handbag::handbag: :wink:

1 Like

i have no idea what your talking about I do not follow rugby.

There are 2 different t rugby games, league (13 /side, played oop north) and (union 15/side, played everywhere). The league players go to the hairdressers before each game as they aren’t allowed to tackle or scrum in case they break a fingernail. The union boys (and girls) are just hard and get on with it, no matter what anyone else says - and they drink Beer! :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

1 Like

ahh okay then Witney angels who my friends play for are the hard nuts then. id not want to be tackled by them anyhow

Who do you support Tim?

Excellent !!! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Yes possibly!
I will try to do it his summer and finish by Christmas.

Leeds United.

Forgot that one Chris, nor have I. :+1:

Rugby league is known as the M62 corridor game but now the game is nationwide and worldwide. In Australia for example it’s ten times bigger than Union. In France t’s mainly played down south from a line east from Lyon to Bordeaux though there is a league in Paris.

I’ve played Union (at a very low level admittedly) and enjoyed the jolly good bash with the lardy dardies during and after the tedious kick and run tactics usually employed but League is a different level of fitness and application. The only thing which needs to be changed in RL is the scrum which is uncontested and a waste of time.
Union has become powder-puff stuff with half-hearted tackling and up and under kick and chase to make it look more lively than it actually is. RU games should consists of 2 x 1 hour halves cos after 40 minutes the players are hardly puffing !
Bunch of poofs !!

1 Like

At Workington Tech’, West Cumberland, my Secondary School, we played League :+1:

Must be time to change manager soon then mate ?

At least there is tackling, as well as rucks and mauls - doesnt get any tougher than that I’ve seen more physical touch rugby than RL, and they have to stop every 5 seconds to get their breath back.

RL is only played in two Australian states

Each time the manager is sacked I put my name forward but never get a call. I feel lucky in that I caught the end of the Revie era but also got to see them win the league in 92 and I spent the next ten years watching them all over Europe (and beyond), best times of my life.