What is it?

Is it a spider eating a moth ?

1 Like

Yepā€¦! At least I think itā€™s eating a mothā€¦??? x :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Oh Helen, I donā€™t like those big fat one. My ex husband was stong by one of them and they are really nasty :scream:

1 Like

Argh, I totally agree Babeth I have been bitten twice by ā€˜miniscule spidersā€™ in the past, well thatā€™s what the doctor said. In both cases very painful and bad swelling. I hate and am terrified by any spider :scream:

Have been bitten last night, while outside, by something that is having a bad effect. Have tried all my usual remedies of essential oils but not working so far. Do hope itā€™s not a spider :scream::scream::scream:

If no better in the morning will be passing via emergency services as hand and lower arm is swelling ! Oh well, it all makes for an ā€˜interesting lifeā€™!

Have to say that I had a bit of a ā€˜shockā€™ yesterday afternoon, I was in my bedroom in the grenier and caught a ā€˜flashā€™ out of the corner of my eye of something moving rapidly across the bed.

Went to fetch the cleaner, fearing the worse, gingerly pulled/sucked back the covers on the bed, nothing, sucked the pillows away and there underneath wasā€¦ a lizard! What a relief, I really did imagine it was one of those nightmare huge creatures that come out around this time of the year :sweat::sweat:

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a relief Misty ! I love every creature as long as they stay out of our home and away from me ! The worth thing for me is a hornet. I donā€™t like them been able to move in 3 dimensions where I canā€™t !

1 Like

Had a wasp in me beer tonight, and one landed on me knee, not good moves for either, got a severe, squashinā€™ :grin:
Funniest was in The Caribb, I was with a Yank, watching a baseball match in a bar, I glanced down, and saw a HUGE Tarantula on his trainer, nudged him, and pointed, he nearly went throā€™ the roof :rofl:
Mind I would have done the same :grin:

Beetles as well, those horned flying ones, we call them stag or harvest beetles. Once they come out I go in !

Now, oddly, I donā€™t mind them, first I saw was in Minorca, 'Uge, it were!!! :slightly_smiling_face:

Itā€™s the ā€˜scuttling, stinginā€™ biteinā€™ Jobs I object to Ann :unamused:

Wouldnā€™t like this one then Bill. Taken many years ago while hiking in Sulawesi. I kid you not when I say it was the size of a manā€™s foot!
Horrific and just on the steps of a tiny hut we were staying in, still gives me cold shudders! :scream:

5 Likes

Ummm :thinking:

1 Like

Impressive

1 Like

Have to say that I am very careful not to disturb or walk into their websā€¦Iā€™d rather not bring one in on my cardi or in my hairā€¦! So far so good and they stay outside on the fieldā€¦

The last week or so Iā€™ve found another species of spider in my houseā€¦round bodyā€¦just spread out flat on a wallā€¦not moving and not spinning websā€¦Iā€™ve also found a few dead in water bowls so checking their water morning noon and eveningā€¦

1 Like

Having been bitten by ā€˜somethingā€™ while outside on Wednesday evening I put some Aspic Lavender on the bite thinking it may have been a wasp.
This morning I spent an hour at the hospital as my hand had dramatically swollen, with the swelling rising up the arm. Very painful and burningā€¦yes once again a spider bite !
Didnā€™t see it but it saw me! I have 3 days treatment with instructions to return if the swelling doesnā€™t soon go down!
Take care out there folks, some nasty things around and not always visible ! :scream::face_with_thermometer:

4 Likes

Oh no Ann. That sounds nasty. Hope you are feeling better soon.

1 Like

We have some here, often in hedges etc, Iā€™ve seen one in our climbing rose, quite rounded, with a white cross on itā€™s back, they have a nasty bite, causing swelling.
Hope it clears up soon Ann :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

A few years ago I was on holiday in France sleeping in a caravan bunk. It was a warm summer and I was just putting my feet in my sleeping bag and lying with it open. I got very strange bites on my lower legs. When I shook my sleeping bag out I disturbed a large spider with crab type claws

We have a gravel terrace, I suspect, occasionally I get a ā€˜nipā€™ on the ankles, from ā€˜some residentā€™ in the stones :unamused:

P1050217

Inside bit of hydrangea flower

2 Likes