What next! + French number plates

The only thing I am wondering is that out friend tells us that when you download the certificate from the NHS it is actually only valid for 3 weeks - it has an expiry date on it. I wondr if that might have been the problem?

Hi,
No , just a cross Channel misunderstanding! Folk here have been told all we need is the NHS paper certificates as proof of vaccination, whereas I now realise it’s the QR codes only needed in France.
I must say as ever the French reception was courteous and jolly and our little French home had not collapsed in the year it had been left unloved in despite our worst fears :blush:

4 Likes

Phew… I had visions of you with tons of obligatory paperwork and dying of thirst… :wink:
that would have been horrendous… :rofl: :rofl:

I believe this is now the official sticker to be displayed on all vehicles:

16 Likes

Would it not have Totally above the F :wink::yum:

3 Likes

No Cluny Market is nowhere near the standard of Stroud.
There are local people who come into sell, but there are also stalls of veg which have been bought in and which you have to be careful with.

Boris wanted UK instead of GB to stress the Union in his private battle with Ms Sturgeon .

All to do with NI apparently, when they decided on GB clearly no one twigged that it doesn’t include NI so they had to change it to the UK.

Another schoolboy howler by this so called government.

“Putin invades Ukraine”? Why would Russia do that? They’ve secured their Black Sea base and the ethnic Russian “rebels” control half the county.

UA, in fact, is the two letter ISO 3166 code for Ukraine, although the three letter code is UKR.

Just got back from France today - via Eurotunnel both ways. Going out - no problems… French customs didnt ask to see our vaccine certs or Attestations. Had my UK passport stamped though!

Coming back - ordered two 2-day tests from Express Medical (not yet delivered and, according to the DPD tracker, not yet even sent. Not bothered about that as I only wanted the codes for the Passenger Locator Form - which was not asked for at the Tunnel either. Nor was the pre-travel 48hr Antigen test certificates that we dutifully had done in Carmaux on Friday - not asked for nor seen. Passport stamped on the way back too!

As for the GB / UK sticker argument - forget it. My reg plates have the GB and Euro stars on them (along with our dept no 81 and Occitanie symbol) and I am not changing them! No-one in France batted an eyelid.

1 Like

How does that work, is the car UK or French registered?

Is the department name & number compulsory on France? I was able to choose between 24 & 33 when I got mine without an issue so I wonder if it is not compulsory.

UK registered - I had the plates made specially.

1 Like

I think it became no longer compulsory to have Dept … ever since the new regs came in about the vehicle keeping its registration number “for life”
or am I dreaming…

2 Likes

I can understand doing this - when we were jumping between countries I would have been tempted to do the same - probably not 100% legit but I would have done it anyway!

That’s exactly right @Stella - not dreaming at all! I bought a car that had been registered in 44, which it had on the number plate next to the actual number. I covered it over with a “50” sticker! My new car was registered here so has 50 on it. As you know, originally the departement number was actually part of the car registration number, and then it was just an optional nice-to-have bit you could put on your number plate but the actual official number didn’t have the departement number embedded in it any more…

Hi Carlmt

We used express medical. They are hopeless. Tests late and took yonks to process but it did happen.

Just took 10 days.

Andy

Are they the ones that have just been removed from the UK government website @andyw ?

(Are you safely back yet or do you have some more time left in the UK?)