What’s happening at Windsor?

Very quick to blame the Royals for the usual OTT media coverage aren’t we, Peter?
You don’t waste any opportunity to bash the Royals, even when they themselves are generally keeping a low profile!

1 Like

It’s not the Royal family though is it, it’s the media that is going overboard isn’t it. (Mark beat me to it :wink:)

4 Likes

I ‘bash’ everybody who I feel are doing a bad job. The Duke was loyal to his wife, at least publicly but life goes on.

I think this is a bit more than that with you, Peter!
You refer to the Royals as “this privileged bunch” - just where is the criticism of a 99 year old man doing a bad job?
Perhaps save your angst for the government…

1 Like

Bit Stalinist.

1 Like

Well that’s one thing, but bumping the programme with competing chefs, now that’s taking things too far.

1 Like

Exactly, I am glad I have record all series as I might miss the final.

You should have set your timer John :yum::grin:

Now that’s what I call technology, even if Betamax nose dived.

BTW, is Dot Cotton still around?

I was more a Brookside man myself, when it first hit the screens. My wife had a hair style like Heather’s.

Amanda Burton.

At times Phillip was an embarrassment, his kids are an embarassment, thank God William and Kate seem to be good people to take the reins one day.

Regarding the government, I think Boris has done a good job since December. The vaccine roll- out is a success and puts thé EU to shame. Credit where credit is due.

But it all helps to take the members of the public’s mind off that Brexit red tape, teething problems, those bivalve mussels, travelling musicians, cheese exporters, pet passports, visas, travel insurance, Northern Ireland, the govt’s calamitous covid response etc.

3 Likes

When people say this I often wonder if people haven’t heard the very well known ‘rumours’ about various things that are out there, because some of them don’t tend to suggest that is entirely true… :zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

Do we believe the rumours any more than the rumours about the Duke over the past 60 years ?

I put rumours as that is probably the best way to put it from a legal perspective but they are significantly more than just that, hence using the quotation marks. I hoped that would be obvious, but you’ve made me expand anyway :joy::see_no_evil:

I turned Classic FM off because of that Jane and found something else to listen to. It’s been better today (Sunday) thankfully but still too sombre. Life goes on and some some easy listening classical music to lighten the mood would not have been inappropriate or discourteous.

It does all seem very sombre Graham. Shouldn’t such occasions be a celebration of ones life, whoever that person may be ?

1 Like

Oh please tell because I can’t find anything. From a reputable, reliable and confirmable source please!

2 Likes

not because of his involvement but because he has stepped back from it to leave it to others more qualified perhaps…

2 Likes

Maybe but it’s he who is getting the credit, witness his rise in the polls.