What type of person votes National front?

sorry I was addressing my words to Peter as he mentioned my name!
Lots of confusion.

1 Like

It gets complicated, Peter replied to Jane but wrote Barbara. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I cannot explain his actions. I have tried so hard for nearly three years. He decided to have a relationship with someone he hardly knew after a few weeks here. He then claimed to be mentally ill when he was dumped. They have gone back to UK and still haven’t sold.

Sorry to add to the confusion, everyone! :cry:

1 Like

I believe that in some Scandinavian countries you have to wait for a vacancy before going to jail. British prisons are too full of young men particularly whose offences reflect their impoverished lives. What’s the point of sending a young man to jail for non-payment of fines, whats the point of sending a young man to jail for driving his motor bike without insurance when he needed it to get to work and he hasn’t got the readies to pay the premium, what’s the point of short sentences less than three or six months (just time for a shit a shower and a shave as some prisoners might say) civilized countries do all they can to divert even quite serious criminals from prison particularly the very young. Meanwhile in “civilized England and Wales the Justice Minister as was, Flailing Grayling for it was he” hands over a large part of the Probation Service to private enterprise so the supervision is an occasional phone call.

1 Like

I believe that in some Scandinavian countries you have to wait for a vacancy before going to jail. British prisons are too full of young men particularly whose offences reflect their impoverished lives. What’s the point of sending a young man to jail for non-payment of fines, whats the point of sending a young man to jail for driving his motor bike without insurance when he needed it to get to work and he hasn’t got the readies to pay the premium, what’s the point of short sentences less than three or six months (just time for a shit a shower and a shave as some prisoners might say) civilized countries do all they can to divert even quite serious criminals from prison particularly the very young. Meanwhile in “civilized England and Wales the Justice Minister as was, Flailing Grayling for it was he” hands over a large part of the Probation Service to private enterprise so the supervision is an occasional phone call.

2 Likes

Hon David Gay to the Home Office pronto! Drain the Swamp, Dave! :wink:

Thanks for that Peter I guess a lot of people on this site would or will regard me as just another bleeding heart liberal. I doubt many of them have any idea what it’s like living on some Midlands sink estate.

3 Likes

David, if you’re the bleeding-heart liberal of this great community, I must be an exsanguinated skunk! :nauseated_face::scream::joy:

3 Likes

The has to be a way to give impoverished people a chance.
Remember the poor people who found their way to awful oz
because they stole some food for their children to eat?

But I lived in London near the Scrubbs and those blocks of flats where the drug dealers
dealt,the Polish people lived as if they were in a sardine can…what was the name of that
estate?

No need for apologies…it’s easy done…in fact I need to apologise myself to David Gay for my misinterpreting something he said…x :smile:

1 Like

Not a problem Helen.

1 Like

33.90 % of French voters:

22% voted Le Pen (10638475 votes)
34 % didn’t bother voting or voted “blanc” or “nul” (16187090 votes or no vote)
44% voted Macron (20743128 votes)

1 Like

Sorry not to reply before, we have a problem with the 'phone line after an electrical storm.

We are the forgotten ones Barbara. A lot was made of the problems for people on variable rate mortgages which would go up by half a percent and have to pay more for their foreign holidays but not a mention of us.

Private enterprise has only one motivation - PROFIT. So they have a vested interest in detaining more prisoners for longer.
If they were paid according to the number of inmates who left prison literate and quailfied to find rewarding employment, perhaps things might get better.

The majority of prisoners are illiterate or untrained for paid work before they go into prison.
Drug dependancy plays such an important role in offending and this is all a vicious circle.
More community sentencing and training, rehab for drug dependant offenders is all costly, but less than prison.

1 Like

I spent some time with a senior UK prison officer a few weeks ago, the scale of the drug and mental health problems within the prison system is staggering. Most of the offenders are already addicted to drugs before being sent to prison and many have mental health issues connected to their drug use. It seems scandalous to keep such people locked up which just increases their fragility but there is no where for them to be treated and society dictates that those guilty of crimes must be punished, vicious circle as Jane says and it’s no wonder suicide rates in prisons are increasing rapidly.

3 Likes

Very interesting, thanks for the link.