What was your own Wedding Day like?

You’re right…I don’t think I could face it Tim…all those endless frustrating months of tracking down endless bits of paper…and for what…yet another bit of paper…Years ago I used to quite fancy Gretna Green…x :slight_smile:

Although might be worth tracking down the papers for the name change. You know what french administration is like and may be necessary for something else in the future?

1 Like

He’s still in uk at the minute…(his mom has late stage Alzheimer’s/vascular dementia) I think it more than likely that he will remain a UK resident whatever happens…we’ve thought about tieing the knot several times over the last 21 years…even announced our engagement very early on but it got that complicated what with one thing and another that we didn’t pursue it…My 3 kids (not his) who were all under 7 when I divorced my ex…(their dad…) really look up to him…it’s not easy taking on 3 kids who aren’t yours and there were some turbulent times…the fact we are still together 21 years later…even if in different countries at the minute kind of doesn’t need another piece of paper to endorse that we’re still going strong…we’ve decided that we’ll cross whatever brexit bridge when and if we ever get to it…but Thankyou for your kind thoughts…x :slight_smile:

I was thinking of other things than weddings…but if he’s staying in UK then less likely to have problems with paperwork that doesn’t match up. We managed 25 years without it, and it was finally house purchase and pensions that pushed us over the edge. We still have to practice saying my husband/wife…

1 Like

The house is in my name so currently would be inherited by my 3 kids…If they don’t want it then I’m considering just giving it back to the commune…,If perchance my partner was here and I left physical before him then I know my kids wouldn’t challenge his right to be here…but then again I can’t see him wanting to be here without me and the Collies…lots to think about and lots of time to think about it hopefully…Yep it would take me a while too to use the word husband after years of him being my soulmate…x :slight_smile:

Carl and i didnt have a wedding but we were married at the county clerks office in Redding Ca…no honeymoon. in the almost 3 yrs we have known each other…we have only been alone for less than 48 hrs.
Our hopes and dreams are to have a big viking wedding celebration for our 10 yr anniversary.

3 Likes