Whats for Dinner Tonight?

What was on the spaghetti ??

Haha confit for supper here too!

Duckpond pie…

Chopped/shredded confit de canard in its jelly but no fat (plus a drop of liquid)… sweated diced onion/red pepper/mushrooms…all in the bottom of a wide pot that gets topped with mashed potato/sweetcorn mix… finally grated cheese over the lot…

Hot oven 180c fan… 15 mins or so 'til bubbling… then brown it under the grill…

yummy !!!

Vegetable curry: sweet potato, parsnip, red onion, carrot, potato, celery, butternut, tomato, garlic.

2 Likes

I boiled up a broth of three tablespoons of home-made chicken stock, a vegetable and a volaille bouillon cube, a litre of water, and added some pasta nouilles for 8 minutes. Tasty and satisfying. Dessert was 8 small squares of Lidl white chocolate. Saved some noodle-broth for lunch tomorrow.

1 Like

Curry tonight, what you having?

1 Like

gosh that is mouth watering…:grin:

Sadly, just a pizza tonight, with salad, coleslaw and anything else that leaps out of the fridge…

But I’m looking forward to trying your recipe later in the week…

1 Like

@james Your Curry inspired me to greater things than just pizza… we now have an apple crumble mumbling in the oven… smells delicious… :hugs:

We’ll have it with some ice cream later on…

1 Like

Off to the telethon… so soup, morteau sausage and morbier.

2 Likes

Pizza was last night!

2 Likes

Whitebait , Salmon and Tiramisu. It’s the ward Christmas night out ( one of them)

1 Like

We have lunch.
Tomorrow it is home made pork pie.
Today we finished the last of the guinea fowl in celery sauce.

1 Like

My wife complains I don’t cook very often since we came to France and it’s true, because she outshines me in her competence à la mode, so I play second or twelfth fiddle to her virtuoso first.

But tonight I cooked pintade with sauté of winter vegetables and lots of herbs and garlic and she enjoyed it, which is all that matters.

Because our circadian rhythms are mirror opposites we are hungry at different times, so tend to cook and eat to our different needs, but it’s nice to sit down to a shared meal now and again, perhaps once every quinzaine.

3 Likes

Pintades are good value at the moment.
Sounds delicious.

1 Like

We get pintade aux chou at school and it is fantastic :grin:

1 Like

Could I have your recipe for celery sauce, please Jane? :yum:

Just researched recipe for that au chou Véro and will definitely try it next time. I flew blind with yesterday’s dish but followed the cooking instructions on the (Leclerc) pintade label so it was tender eating. This forum is great amateur foodie inspiration. :+1:

1 Like

Celery sauce

4sticks white tender celery

En toute sa simplicité. Merci :blush:

1 Like

Thought I would resurrect this post with a picture of today’s lunch in a Pie & Mash shop in Southend, Essex.

5 Likes