Whats for Dinner Tonight?

Home made chicken madras with naans and pilau rice, already had a glass of wine and some Bombay mix as an apero.

1 Like

Thanks Simon, Iā€™m getting there and will be able to soon remove the brace :grin:
I had a lovely meal with friends last night. After aperos we had a delicious quiche, this was followed by a mixed vegetable dish that included spinach and ricotta cheese in the interior and was topped off by more cheese. To follow we had apple pie.
Lots of discussions on all sorts of topics around the table (bit like here really) with some good friends, so a great evening :hugs:

3 Likes

Isnā€™t it wonderful when someone else does the cookingā€¦ :relaxed: were you a mixed bag (languages) ??

Yes Stella it was wonderful to have a meal cooked, and not know beforehand what it would be.
We were, 3 French, I Belgium and me so an evening of French + some Flemish thrown in for good measure :laughing:
Lively discussions abounded, including the very real concern of my Belgium friend about the Islam partyā€™s proposal of segregation of men and women on public transport. But hey ho thatā€™s a whole new can of worms so I will stop there !:zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

Still thinking about it :thinking:

Decision!!! Boeuf Carott, with CHIPS :grinning::+1:

Half a roasted pigs head :slight_smile: :pig:

1 Like

Oink! :wink:

1 Like

Lasagne :yum:

1 Like

Something light - had a McDo (Mexican wrap, wedges and caramel vanilla sundae) at lunchtime - first time since Adam was a boy - better half visiting the MIL in the old country so thought Iā€™d get one in under the radar :smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp: Although it made me feel shi*ā€¦

I was always a bit like that with Fish & Chips (or Fish & Ships as displayed on our local IntermarchĆ© Bistro menu!!) - wanted it, had it, felt shi* afterwardsā€¦CLV!!

3 Likes

Iā€™m like that, even after a good French meal at lunchtime, enjoy it but it Knocks me out, just want to find a tree to lie under, not had a Mc Do for many Many years, I sympathize Simon :wink:

2 Likes

I seem to recallā€¦ I had a McDoā€¦ onceā€¦ that was quite enoughā€¦:anguished:

2 Likes

Spargel again because, as I said before, itā€™s Spargelzeit :grin:

1 Like

Cheddar cheese and slices of black tomatoes on pumpkin seed toastā€¦dipped in black pepper sauceā€¦followed by caramel and vanilla ice creamā€¦x :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™ve got to askā€¦whatā€™s spargelzeitā€¦??? x :slight_smile:

Asparagus time? :thinking:

2 Likes

Iā€™m thinking it sounds sort of Germanā€¦??? Asperges being French for asparagusā€¦??? x :slight_smile:

1 Like

Asparagus, Iā€™m in south-western Germany (Baden) at the moment and it is an obsession - everything is asparagus-oriented (even ice-cream) but usually you just eat a kilo or so of lovely white stalks with hollandaise, a bit of ham and kratzete (eggy pancakes fried in lard) ultra-delicious. So you see signs up everywhere saying ā€˜Spargelzeitā€™.:relaxed:

1 Like

Noooo Simon, how could you ?
The last time I had a McDo was several years ago, it was a takeaway while on holiday. Briefly, I was on holiday with mum and ā€˜my partnerā€™, we had an overnight stay in Orange, if I remember correctly. Mum was too tired to go out to a restaurant so we found a McDo ( fast food makes you sick quick) and took the food back to the B&B.
Berk, horrible, even the receptionists dog didnā€™t want it!
Hang your head in shame that a great cook like you can resort to this, confess your sins to your OH and donā€™t do it again :rofl:

1 Like

I love Asparagus VĆ©ronique, must say I have never had ice cream though ! Itā€™s just arrived here in the local markets and I had some prepared for me by a friend. One of my favourite ways is cooked, then served cold dipped in a vinagerette ā€¦
Have a great stay in Baden, thinking of you with a huge stein of beer in hand :beer::beer::beer::wink: