Whats for Dinner Tonight?

I’d never tried caviar until we went on an organized trip to a fish-farm where this stuff is produced.

The indepth explanation and tour of the various lagoons, was fascinating… but when we got back inside for the degustation… wow… . that was great. I was nervous, having been warned by a friend that it would be very salty… but, this stuff was glorious.

We bought a tiny tin and carried it almost reverently home… where we enjoyed it a few days later. :hugs:

2 Likes

A sailing friend, who had cruised to the Black Sea, had a load of tins of it, he and his wife hadn’t fancied it, I had never tried it, so we ‘pigged out’ on the stuff one night, I thought it was delicious, sadly, never had it since :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I reckon this is well worth a visit if you are ever in that area…

https://www.caviar-de-neuvic.com/

1 Like

Going to have a go at Stromboli tonight

Sounds dodgy James, thought IT was inclined to erupt :thinking:
Maybe, spag’ bol’.

1 Like

Homemade pizza, my toppings - chorizo, onion, mushrooms, peppers, capres with two types of cheese.

3 Likes

Stromboli, Calzone and Pizza!

1 Like

Carbonara for lunch.,. yummy

and now, about to have a cheese salad: mixed nuts/leaves/toms/radishes/cucumber/cantal doux/piment sausage and then everything sprinkled lightly with a fruity walnut oil (local produce)… sheer heaven. :hugs:

4 Likes

I will risk it, looks seriously, delish, wott time we eating, two bottls ok?

2 Likes

They look bloody amazing - missed your vocation James !?

2 Likes

I’ve missed so many vocational opportunities it’s not funny!

4 Likes

Be there in two mins, :yum:

1 Like

Blimey - I’ve eaten and that makes me hungry all over again :pizza::pizza::pizza::pizza::pizza:

1 Like

Roast beef tonight I think, waiting for the kitchen staff to put the menu up on the board so still not sure.

Something missing …:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

Out for lunch today in Autun.
Apparently the hotel is featuring a menu from one of the Michelin restaurants in Tournus, so I am looking forward to that, as long as they don’t have a menu based on asparagus.

1 Like

The menu’s up and beef’s off, now having roast chicken.

Pintade aux Choux, delicious on a cool wet evening :yum:

Chicken Thai green curry with courgettes and Thai rice…added Moroccan spices and 3 whole piments vertes which I removed before serving…quite hot but tasty…probably on the menu for tomorrow night too…x :slight_smile:

We have soup for lunch :wink: , Yours sounds good Helen :+1:

1 Like