Whats for Dinner Tonight?

Love the sound of some of your repas bill…I’m stil in the habit of eating a main meal at night…”tea-time”…and don’t really eat much if anything during the day…occasionally a slice of toast and honey…or a couple of dark chocolate wafers with coffee first thing…and when I have love fresh raspberries then crepes natural yoghurt maple syrup and raspberries…I share my raspberries with next door until they’re gone…my raspberry bushes are looking a bit sad so far… this year…one of them has been engulfed by a bush that I’m not familiar with…x :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am very lucky, Babeth is a very good cook, we don’t normally eat much during the day, evening dinner is the highlight, light brekkie, light lunch, unless we eat out at midday, not very often. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Btw, we had a beautiful cut of beef a couple of nights ago, ‘Mouvant’, from our village butcher, even my Wife, French had never heard of it, fried, blue, it was like ‘butter’, best bit of steak I’ve eaten in a long time. :yum:
Anyone heard of it?

Cannot eat raw meat - blood on the plate makes me heave…

1 Like

Mouvant is like the poire, you have ask the butcher to keep it for you. If it is to be grilled I like araignée, hampe and onglet best though. Always as bleu as can be, I actually love raw meat and so do my children so lots of tartare eating chez moi.
I think the mouvant comes from the inside of the beast’s thigh, like the poire.

1 Like

I’ve not eaten red meat in coming up 20 years and the decisive point of no return was being served a steak in a restaurant that bled all over my plate after I had asked for very well done if not burnt to a crisp…and I couldn’t even eat the chips…! Since then I’ve never eaten beef…come to think of it I’ve never eaten offal and never eaten game…but with raw fed Border Collies who eat all of that then the best I can do is support compassion in world farming not so much for me as I can take it or leave it and mostly do… but for them…x :slight_smile:

I had a tin of red beans with a knob of salted butter.

1 Like

I love salted butter…especially the one with the grains of sea salt…this week I’ve got a different sort as it was on offer 2 for the price of 1…not the same and I don’t think I’ll be buying it again…x :frowning:

Can’t recall the brand of salted butter I usually buy but it does contain grains of salt and I think it originates in Guerande. I like it lots.

Briefly about your daughter, Helen, what a hideous situation you have both to confront, and I know you will face it squarely together and as one, and have the spiritual/emotional/ancient and ineffable resources to face whatever comes. And you will not be overcome, whatever comes. Nor the children you have nurtured and brought along in wise and loving ways.

With all my heart I wish you strength and honour your weakness, which shall play its beautiful part too. All shalll be well, all manner of things…

Thanks too for your birthday musings. I have a very sweet tooth. I buy occasional patisseries at our local outlet, favouring tartelette citron meringué and à very nice fagot au noix et mélange de fruits canneberges incluses, buying half a large loaf at a time, because it keeps well. M. Pacary bakes two each day and they quickly sell out.

Life in France is full of such simple pleasures.

Peter x

1 Like

Thanks for that, confirms what we thought! Will ask Ludo to keep some for us.
Yep, we are ‘tartare’ fans too vero :yum:
Such a shame to overcook beef, it must then be like chewing an old boot, not that I have personally, tried ‘old boot’:wink:

1 Like

Tonight’s meal will be a surprise… I picked a packet out of the freezer and decided… that’s it ! … It looks as if it could be a rather good chicken curry…but, as I don’t label the bits and bobs I freeze…it might well turn out to be something else.:upside_down_face::grin:

3 Likes

Home made meatballs in tomato sauce with pasta.

Homemade chorizo pizza, which is a usual Saturday night meal unless we go out., found some German pale ale in Noz to go with it.

Ah, yes, the freezer lottery - know it well :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes me too! I always think it will be obvious what it is when I put it in the freezer but can never identify it a few weeks later. We can be expecting curry and actually get bolognese :smile::wink:

Off to ‘Le Famile Moutier’ restaurant for ‘duck, duck and more duck’. Taking some friends who have never experienced it before. A real ‘local’ treat.

2 Likes

We’ve just finished a delicious surprise chicken currey… OH is having some ice cream to cool down… and I’m having my ration of 3 squares of chocolate… :slight_smile: both go well with red wine… hic

1 Like

Tonight, Magret, apples and cream sauce. :yum:

Bill’s starter running away …

3 Likes

Should be able to get it in the pan if I hurry!:yum: