Whats for Dinner Tonight?

Thank you Babeth. Will maybe give it a go.

Bill told me you were an accountant. Me too!! Do you work for yourself or a company of accountants?

Oh thatā€™s nice ! Iā€™ve been working for companies, 15 years in Chiquita :banana: , then other small ones and now for a charity. Iā€™m doing the payroll too. What about you ?

My qualifications are not recognised in France sadly (Iā€™m a Certified Accountant and a Chartered Tax Adviser) so I havenā€™t worked in accountancy since Iā€™ve been here. In the UK I worked for a series of accountancy firms as a tax adviser. The last was BDO as a Manager, a firm that I know is in France too.

In France the only job I could get was as a cleaner!!!

Bā€™ is just off to take Her Dad to the dentist Mandy :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

That is the trouble Mandy, accountancy is not standard from a country to an other. In Chiquita we used to have accounting account included french account (compulsory) + the american account + the currency + analytical account, no hope to remember them all :roll_eyes:.

1 Like

@Babeth and @anon92567933

Oh the joys of Payroll ā€¦ did you do manual payslips or computerised ??

1 Like

Computerised Stella, thanks god, I did 300 ones last year :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Ha haā€¦ when we were first married Payroll was one of my tasks. I did a manual payroll (weekly and monthly) for 2 companies, using ledgers, tax tables etc etc. so I was kept busy.

When computers came ā€œonlineā€ I had to do every payroll twiceā€¦ once by handā€¦ and again by computerā€¦ as the workforce were not convinced that the computer would get it rightā€¦ I was shattered, but I did understand their concerns. :thinking:

Thankfully, after a couple of monthsā€¦ the workforce agreed that I was getting it right, whether on paper or in the computerā€¦ phewā€¦ :relaxed: (and my door was always open if someone was still uncertainā€¦)

2 Likes

What is a bit difficult where I work, is the amount of different contracts (France could be a bit complicated sometimes :thinking:). Weā€™ve got 5 different ones, and of course the taxes are differents for each oneā€¦ Oups, not 5, 6 !

1 Like

I know from my own bulletin de paie just how complicated it all is. So many different deductions. If you had to do each one of those by hand it would take an hour just to do one person!!!

1 Like

It is amazing what you get used to doingā€¦

and, of course, the Payroll Sheets and Payroll Slips were each a part of the multi-page Master Set with carbon paper or NCR depending ā€¦

That, plus a good calculator with printout (for double checking)ā€¦ easy-peasyā€¦ wellā€¦ almost ā€¦ :thinking:

Letā€™s just say, I earned my keepā€¦:relaxed:

1 Like

Sounds like you became a bit of an expert Stella. I never had to prepare payroll I just had to review the work of more junior staff so I got the easy job! All computerised thankfully.

Thankfullyā€¦ I fell pregnantā€¦ yippeeā€¦ that was a really good reason to hand-in my Noticeā€¦:hugs:

RĆ©duction Fillon, what a treat :dizzy_face:

1 Like

In Belle Ǝle en Mer, so, Souris dā€™agneau de Belle Ǝle, New potatoes de Belle Ǝle, and cheese de Belle Ǝle. Good to support the quality local produce.

2 Likes

Sounds good Bill.
We have just had some of my homemade raspberry ice cream.
Yummy.

2 Likes

Barbied courgette, tomatoes, mushroom, sweet potatoe (thinkinā€™ about an onion) and pork chops :grin:

1 Like

Sausages, from outdoor reared pigs of course :yum:

The very last of our Christmas present from my Mum. From these people. Best meat I have ever tasted.

http://www.donaldrussell.com/

2 Likes

Very mild Chicken curry, cauliflower side dish and some stuffed peppers as the rice was a bit of a fail and needed to be re-invented as non curry style rice!

1 Like

Well adapted Catā€™ :+1: :yum:

1 Like