Whats for Dinner Tonight?

Overall meat consumpton (and therefore production) is forecast to increase for several decades to come, all we can do as individuals is think about the consequences of this and change our eating habits accordingly.

If we choose to.

1 Like

Today: Jacket potatoes topped with left-over chicken curry… yes, I realize this may horrify some folk… but it is delicious. We do the same with left-over chilli… :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

Thanks for that Jane, 'tis a shame for NZ farmers, amazing they can import into the EU at the prices they can achieve. :+1:

Amazing how Monk has become popular, when I was a kid, growing up in a fishing port, the fishermen threw monk away. :thinking:

Choose to think or choose to change?

Anyone want to share a special recipe for Pork Cheeks ? I usually marinade in red wine/herbs… then slow cook with root vegetables for hours and hours…

Must be another way… or, is there… ??? :upside_down_face::thinking:

1 Like

I have some beef cheeks in the freezer.
It seems that it will still be cold enough to enjoy cold weather food.

Well in India they let their cattle wander around belching methane at will.

1 Like

id not get into the meat fish veggie debate it just goes on and on and honestly it never ends and never changes anyone’s minds.

Fair play for just eating fish and no other meat.

3 Likes

Chicken Tajine, it’s a nice way to cook, one of my best birthday pressies from Madame! :slightly_smiling_face:

Totally agree Harry - the thing is though, under normal circumstances, I never feel the need to ‘classify’ myself :slight_smile: (e.g. ‘as non-meat eaters’)

1 Like

Leftovers :grin::grin:

1 Like

Us too :wink:

We are having lamb rogan josh with the leftovers from a leg of lamb :yum::yum:

3 Likes

no one but me likes lamb in my house so we never have it.

We never used to, until we moved to eastern France where lardons, ham and chicken are not considered to be real meat (or frogs legs and snails for that matter) so most restaurants have nothing that is meat-free apart from a reluctant omelette. So we now do mention it.

Perhaps your area is different? I was pleasantly surprised when last in Paris at the beginning of the year to find nearly everywhere has non-meat options as a matter of course now. It wasn’t like that when we first moved there 20 years ago, so things do change…

1 Like

Lamb hotpot !

1 Like

I am not a vegetarian … but I really do enjoy a sunshine pizza from our favourite Italian Restaurant. I nicknamed it sunshine…as it has mixed peppers, artichokes, tomatoes and whatever else is around…looks so pretty.

I love to see how the chap swings and twirls the pizza-base bigger and bigger, then I relax with a nice glass of something … while he gets on with the rest of recipe… miam, miam.

I’m also a sucker for their Cointreau crêpes … hic

2 Likes

Tajine again, heaps left, anyone like to join us? :wink:

1 Like

We still have some lamb curry from yesterday. So that’s leftovers from leftovers. The leg of lamb has lasted us 4 nights!

Tonight we are having chips with it @Bill :yum::yum::yum:

1 Like