What's up with our Jasmin?

@james

James, this article could almost have been written with you in mind… :relaxed:

1 Like

Heavens, no falling out, I’d be very sad if that should happen. You’re wonderful and I was most likely mistaken in thinking to bury rather than burn. Although, anaerobic conditions would smother life and that would include disease… Anyway, it’s good to discuss like this, I think. Thanks!

I don’t want to fall out either, but a hole in the ground isn’t anaerobic as there will still be oxygen. And anyway, there are many evil bacteria that thrive in anaerobic conditions - think of botulism…

Crikey…! I never realised there was so much involved…I’d have looked at your jasmine and thought scorched…I’ve got a few…don’t know what they’re called but only know them as “grandad grandad pop out of beds”…If they’re attempting to cross the great divide between my wilderness and my next door neighbour’s I just direct them back and find them something to climb on my side…their leaves do look just like your jasmine at the moment though…

If I thought a plant was dis-eased though…I’d go for burning over and above burying…x :slight_smile:

Could be over or under watering…but also “With severe chlorosis the leaves, affected branch, or entire plant may die. The most common nutrient problem associated with chlorosis is lack of iron, but yellowing may also be caused by manganese, zinc, or nitrogen deficiencies.”…
So I would soak the roots in a bucket of water, then allow to drain and then feed with a diluted liquid feed the next day…
For over-watered jasmine, remove the root ball from the planter and wash off all the soil. If some of the roots are black, soft or mushy, the plant has root rot. Clip off all the damaged roots and repot the plant with fresh potting soil. If you don’t see any root rot, place the root ball back in the planter and cut down on the watering. The jasmine plant should recover in about two weeks.

Read more at Gardening Know How: Treating Jasmine Leaf Drop: What To Do For Jasmine Plants Losing Leaves https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/jasmine/treating-jasmine-leaf-drop.htm

1 Like