What's your tipple?

The Tourtel is forOH. He loves citrus but has to avoid grapefruit which appears in many other mixes (unfortunately).

Lime and elderflower is something I am keen to try.

A Provencale rosé at lunchtime, or something dry and white.

Recently we have been enjoying “black reds” bought online from a wine club. Apparently it’s a thing. I’d describe them as big fruity high-alcohol and quite simple - but very nice indeed. Probably the antithesis of a good Bordeaux :slight_smile:

1 Like

Draught Guinness when I’m thirsty.

Whicky Mac when I’m at home for an apéro. (Whisky + Ginger Wine for the uninitiated - just try it!)

You’ve taken me back a few years - but, I do have the makings :wink: somewhere in the depths of the cellar.

Me too. The summer aperitif of rose and pamplemousse is a prime example.

Cotswold Gin and Fentiments. Drink all day

I’m presently halfway through a giant 1,5 litre screw-topped bottle of 7% sangria bought 2 weeks ago from Lidl (€1,89) occasioned by a rush of overheated blood to the head, the outside temperature being 34° C.

In between tipples I keep the bottle in the freezer drawer, it enhances the taste somewhat, but I am a barbarian when it comes to wines, spirits and beers on the whole, no palate or nose worth mention.

I tend to judge the quality of an alcoholic drink by how I feel the day after. I don’t drink every day, almost never before sundown, usually with or after food of some kind, and in congenial company.

Last enjoyable tipple was sharing a hugely overpriced bottle of bog standard Bordeaux with my wife at a communal moules-et-frites shindig at the local livestock market, as the sun went down over the town. Over 400 people present

IMG_20190713_223237