When he said "hasta la vista, baby", he meant it

Possibly the first true thing he’s said during his premiership. :roll_eyes:

They don’t give a shit…
the pundits are predicting dizzy Lizzy to win the race for number 10 which she’ll make a complete mess of… followed by her calling an early election, the Tories getting defeated binning her in the process leaving the unholy mess to Labour who, with a slim majority, will struggle to fix, and de Pfeffle, phoenix like, rises from the ashes and saves the UK from disaster :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

The Chancellor does not need to in site covering himself with soot and ashes for the job to be perfectly well done. Just bad August journalism, as ever.

but what about Raab when he was FS on holiday sunning himself when there was a crisis in Afghanistan? They’re all it… take the money but not the responsibility :roll_eyes:

Not sure what that means, but in my opinion in times of crisis good leaders generally lead from the front, not from the poolside sipping a piña colada.

2 Likes

Once the plan is laid and in action there is no point in sitting around biting their nails. There are such things as electronic communications you know if needed.

but isn’t that point… with this clown outfit - there is no plan :roll_eyes:
just total incompetence.

2 Likes

I’ve told you before: no alcohol at lunchtime :grin:

1 Like

Pity, a lunchtime toot set up the afternoons in the old days.

The idea that there is actually a plan may be false, come to think of it; I suspect that most crisis management is seat of the pants stuff.

Wow, grandmother and egg sucking springs to mind :face_with_hand_over_mouth: But IMO you’re sort of right in a corporate sense, but not in a national sense.

I’ve used email to communicate with my colleagues since 1985. The whole company of, if I remember correctly, 250,000 employees used email all the time and had done so long before I joined the firm as a relative rookie.

Since then I’ve learned how to lead large organisations (1,000 plus) and how to lead geographically dispersed teams, plus I know how to manage and run large programmes remotely. Some of them were even successful :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

I also know how to keep my finger on the pulse when on vacation with my family. I spent many years doing it and can tell you it’s very hard on everyone. But that’s what one signs up for in a senior roll.

I have no doubt that Johnson has none of these skills. In fact he has less management skills and certainly less integrity than I would have expected of a rookie first line manager in my day. He’s a bullshitter, plain and simple.

But the real flaw in your post, and I’m sure you will agree, is that even if the irresponsible clown had the above skills, there is NO PLAN to execute :joy: What is he tracking on those hourly Zoom calls he should be having? SFA is the answer :roll_eyes:

The bottom line IMO is that Johnson and the sycophantic, allegedly tax compliant chancellor don’t give a damn about what’s happening to average punters in the UK. Piña coladas all round :partying_face:

Stop press… neither do Truss nor Sunak, all they are worried about is what 160,000 predominately white, middle aged, middle class old farts think. The other 67 million can go hang :scream:

2 Likes

Need a bit of clarification on the meaning of “toot” :wink: Or maybe not :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Certainly didnt mean a drink😱

Ah dear, those were the days :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Is that with or without the red flag ? :thinking::joy:

2 Likes

Thanks for that, hubris will catch one out everytime :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

I had a few managers like that. Unfortunately most of them were nowhere near as successful. In my line of work, most of the lower and middle management was populated by people who were promoted to a position where it was felt they couldn’t do much harm :open_mouth:

“ Both the chancellor, Nadhim Zahawi, and the prime minister, Boris Johnson, were away from Westminster when the rate rise was announced on Thursday. Zahawi is accompanying his family on holiday, but insisted he is not on holiday himself.” :joy::joy::joy::joy:

The Peter principal, we are all promoted to our level of incompetency. I’m sure that was true of me too, though maybe I just ran out of steam and baled early at 56 :roll_eyes: Sadly, competence seems to play no part in the selection of ministers…

i listened to this voice of wisdom on the W@1 today “The CBI director-general, Tony Danker, said given the scale of the looming increase in energy bills the government should be taking more action now to mitigate the crisis. “I have no problem with people having short holidays. My fear is much more profound, which is that there will be a vacuum from now until 5 September [when the new prime minister will be announced],” he said.

“We need the current prime minister and the current chancellor to fill that vacuum. We need them to make decisions. We need them to make plans. We need them to reassure firms, markets and households that we are gripping this. We cannot wait until 5 September for action.”

It was sort of like the Peter Principle, but not quite. It was more to do with getting them out of the way before they did more damage in the role they were in, so being promoted beyond the level of their incompetence.

1 Like