When will the UK wake up

“A travel document is not a passport.”

But a passport is a travel document, in France and elsewhere.

2 Likes

No he was not a refugee. A refugee will not be given citizenship either in France or Germany. That’s why they come to the UK

So he said. :slight_smile:
I suggest you look at the number of British passport holders who have applied for a French nationality in the past couple of years. It’s a lot. Your claim is nothing more than a racist slur and posted in the wrong place.

1 Like

A travel document can be issued by an embassy for someone to travel home usually. A passport is only given to a citizen or a subject.

Talk to your mayor about getting French citizenship

I think France only has Citizens or immigrants…:thinking: oh, and visitors…

1 Like

No need to talk to the Maire… get the dossier together and apply to the appropriate office…

2 Likes

But you’ve told us about a refugee who was given a French passport. I lived in Germany for 36 years and met several doctors who had come to Germany as refugees but gone on to have German nationality.
You are mixing and matching stories to make an unwelcome point. This really is not the right place for your comments.

2 Likes

Pull the plug please Stella.

About 90 thousand refugees were given French citizenship in 2016, and another just under 90 thousand in 2017.
Figure for 2018 as yet unreleased but I imagine it’ll be about the same.

These are actual recognised refugees, not other types of immigrant, by the way.

I never mentioned a refugee getting a French passport. I know several refugees who have been given British passports. I am not a racist or a bigot. I am a child of migrants who came to the UK to work during the war.

Not how it works in France.

By reading this, I’d take a guess at Brian Swiftnowthenourkid is a refugee from Anglo Info Brittany or Dordogneshire?

3 Likes

Being the child of an immigrant does not entitle you to make the implications that you are making on this thread. You have confused immigrants and refugees, you have contradicted yourself and you have made false claims. A nasty bit of work all round.

100,000 refugees applied for asylum in 2017. That is completely different to 100,000 getting citizenship, that would never happen in France. They will get leave to stay.

Or one of the unpleasant Facebook groups where they enjoy quoting UKIP and posting photos of rubber dinghies.

3 Likes

Did you not read Vero’s post?

By granting a refugee asylum you are not making them a citizen.

“100,000 refugees applied for asylum in 2017. That is completely different to 100,000 getting citizenship, that would never happen in France. They will get leave to stay.” Are you referring to the UK?

Ofpra figures state about 100 thousand applications for citizenship (naturalisation) of which 88odd thousand were completed.

So as I said just under 90 thousand refugees were naturalisés French in both 2016 and 2017.

Naturalisé means acquired citizenship, as I said.

1 Like