Where are you from and where did you move to in France?

Hi Devonian, we moved here (30 Gard) from Cheriton Fitzpaine (near Exeter) 9 years ago

Nice to see a mention of St Neots. Next best thing to seeing ST IVES where I lived for a number of years and where my brother still resides

Nice to see Newbury mentioned. My grand-daughters are still at St Gabriel's.

I am a Derbyshire lass - by way of London, Essex, ST IVES and Pangbourne - second time in France.

Came from Kencot Gloucestershire.We live in Milhavet, in Tarn. A hamlet between Cordes sur Ciel and the city of Albi.

1 Like

Hi, I'm originally from Nottingham. After moving around the UK for a while (Liverpool, Oxford, Cardiff) I started moving around Europe. First Switzerland, then Belgium before ending up in a small village on the Isere/savoy border.

I was born and bred in North Yorkshire and moved away from there for fifteen years, spending a year in London, two years in Cyprus and twelve years in Berkshire before moving back to North Yorkshire again. I left Wensleydale to move to the Charente.

Born and bred Teessider here :) (Middlesbrough, Ormesby and Saltburn By The Sea for equal periods).

ottingham. Land of my fathers ( well, grandmother and her mother more like).

Hello fellow Smoggie! I was dragged up in Stockton.. Do miss it sometimes although it seems to be suffering a bit at the moment..

From Durban, South Africa - still looking for the right destination in France....

Middlesbrough too apparently. I haven't been there for years but my boys have told me what it's looked like when they've visited their Dad in the Yarm area. I visited Saltburn last year and was pleased to see the town looking tidy and thriving.

I guess so, but at least Middlesbrough still has shops.. and a station!

If you take note of the conflicting advice on here, you'll still be looking in 10 years time ..................

1 Like

I came lastely from a place called Havant a bit North of Portsmouth and Southsea. I also lived at Emsworth, Southsea, Petersfield and Salisbury. I was born in Bournemouth. I now live in a hamlet called Epagne, commune of St Maurice des Noues in Sud Vendee. I have been here for 10 years,

I am from Willingham Cambridgeshire and have been here in the Indre for 13 years.

1 Like

Originally born and bred in South Yorkshire and a steelmaker by professional(to begin with)lived in Bedford then back to Yorkshire then lived and worked in Middle East before settling in Lincolnshire. Holidayed in France for 30 odd years always considering a change but always drawn to rural France. Been close to moving several times but life got in the way until now! However! We decided the hassle of selling, packing to start again, learning new admin systems and the rest was too big a mountain to climb, so we bought a cottage in Availles Limozine in Vienne to live both sides. We'll get the keys in September, it's habitable but needs updating. By Spring next year we should be ready to relax and play. I sing & play guitar so I'm hoping to find others to have musical fun with ie not a gigging band but pleasurable fun. Came of age in the sixties but love many styles not averse to playing occassionally for charity & fun.

Vee, my lovely wife of 47 years, loves antiques (me included) was an antiques/nice things trader until arthritus in both ankles forced retirement. Now does crafts, very imaginatively and varied, always creating new stuff and gives most away to charity so they can raise cash. Loves to go to church but not a religuous zealot, believes in God for herself alone and accepts the rest of us!

1 Like

Born in Smethwick, then in Staffordshire, now called Sandwell, West Midlands. About to complete on a town house in Ruffec, Charante.

1 Like

Love north Dorset - spent lots of childhood holidays there. Happy times!

i was born in Wuerzburg, germnay, lived for many years in the US and now im in Brantome.