Where are you from and where did you move to in France?

Search and ye shall find! :-)

The Twinning works as well. We have had Under 13s rugby up and down. Vets rugby up and down, Les Points Jeunes upto Ampthill. Yoga, Foyer Rural and Danse Occitan and various single exchanges.

Hi Steve

We started off in the area as managers of the Flying Horse, Clophill in 1983. We nearly moved to Neotsbury Road ourselves but couldn't afford it then so moved to Flitwick. Then a couple of years later lived on Flitwick Road, Ampthill.

I lived in Ampthill (Neotsbury Rd) for 4/5 years in the 80s before leaving for the quiet of Gravenhurst + then Shillington. When that became too noisy, I moved to Trevoux (l'Ain) and then to the western edge of the Beaujolais.

I always wondered where Ampthill is and why Nissan lez whatsit was twinned with it!

I think I just sent you a friend request but didn't see a confirmation that it was sent

my family live in Ramsey...my brother married in St Ives registry office just a few years ago...

Morning

Originally from a little place outside Liverpool called Manchester! Worked in hotel management and many other spheres.

Came to live in Nissan Lez Enserune near Beziers 6 years ago. Since Twinned Nissan with my village/town in the UK, Ampthill, and had lots of exchange visits since the twinning. We have the Ampthill Brass Band coming down over this Easter who will be playing a concert. L'Orchestre de Nissan have already been up and played a concert in Ampthill - 50 persons.

Life is good and weather is better!!

Small world, I am originally from St Neots and will be in St Ives for a beer this weekend if all goes to plan.

I used to live just outside St Ives in Cambs, for about 10 years. Loved it there, felt very much at home to a Dutch girl used to flat countryside :)

I was born in Newbury Berkshire moved to Sunbury on Thames where I met my husband, then back to Newbury area. We have now been in Tarn et Garonne dept 82 in a plus beau village for the last 6 years running a gite business (like many others) whilst I continue to work remotely for an IT company based in Berkshire. Love it here, but not the relaxed way of life we’d hoped for as still need to pay the many bills and taxes. Looking forward to retirement and a less hectic existence, but that’s some way off yet, that said we wouldn’t go back!

Originally from Poulton-le-Fylde, a small market town near Blackpool. Lived in Dundee from the age of 18 at University there, then moved to the Isle of Man for work at 25 for 12 months (still here after 39 years!!) We bought a holiday home in the village of Pepieux, in the Aude, in 2010.

Great combination - Isle of Man and Pepieux, although hoping to spend more time in France in the future.

I have tried to friend you with no luck. Says you don’t exist.
If you friend me I will give you my email etc.

Hi, we are from Yorkshire, England. We moved here in December 2015 and live near Perigueux.

Small world - where are you?

Hi Andrew. My place is near Annecy

Lived in Manchester most of my life apart from 5 years in London. Decided the fresh air and pace of life would help detox 50 years of UK city living...........we bought our house last year in Saint Pardoux La Riviere at the moment it is for holidays and breaks but hopefully another 5 years we can retire full time.

me too - don't know where I'm from ! Father 36 years RAF was born in N.Ireland to Irish mother & English father lived in N Ireland, Germany, Cyprus, Singapore, Germany again, N Ireland again for boarding school 7 years, England for most of my working life life, and now the past 16 years Normandy France but seriously considering Costa Rica ... becoming too depressing in Europe

i do not miss the polar bears!! town symbol was one, they were there often enough at the town refuse dump...wolves as well at night!

As for keeping warm in -50, well at the time I was single and a lot younger...ratio of men to women 9-1, BUT it does not describe the other 8 ha ha...........

I'm from Somerset, UK. I spent 13 years in Paris before moving to Annecy in 2004 where I have my own international moving business. VoilĂ !

Lots of hockey players up north and the girls knew how to keep warm at night and sometimes in the afternoon.