Where are you from and where did you move to in France?

Wow, you've had quite an experience of vastly different locations that you lived in. What a great person to get his perspective on living in France. You said you might be moving again, but within France. So, you like it then? Living in France? I'll post my bit on the 10th page, or so.

Mais non, Paul. You are not the only American. There's an 'American Group' here on SFN, you could check out :D There are a bunch of us.

1 Like

If you need a service. We will be cheerful to support you in supporting your home cleaning needs.

S. Bucks to Aveyron (12)

Hi Lisa,

Lucky you, to live in both hemispheres ..... keep following the sun!? We're also in 24 like Byron. I'm from Namibia.

Hi Byron,

We lived in the Isère for the last 6 years, but we've just moved back to the Dordogne, near Bergerac (St Sauveur de Bergerac). I'm originally from Namibia.

St Valery Sur Somme to the Vienne (86)

Hi Bryon ,

I am from JHB, I live between SA and France (84 ) . Have had my house in Provence for about 10 years . Loving the best of both worlds . British by birth but educated in SA and attended Wits Uni .I do most of my work in the UK .

From Bury, Lancashire to a village near Carcassonne.

Hi we moved over from Pembrokeshire three years ago to live in Sornac in the Limousin, 19290, the grande Maison we bought had been empty for thirty years , but after only 12 months I had replaced a section of roof, had the whole house re wired and totally renovated throughout, helps being a builder though. We now rent three rooms out at ‘Maison Brigoulet, Sornac’ and love our life in France , we found a little problem to begin with with all the forms you are require to fill out but now we are through all that life is good, dryer and warmer than Pembrokeshire and far cheaper to live, hope you guys are experiencing similar happy times,pop down and see us for a weekend can answer any doubts you may be having about moving over

I am from Surrey originally then Hampshire. & have just made the move to Collonges-la-Rouge area temporarily. We are moving soon to a tiny hamlet near Beaulieu sur Dordogne in the Vallee de la Dordogne. Anyone else in this area?

thank you, will check it out as soon as we get our monster home in order, so far I like the Minervois area and the wine is good too.

Pepieux is about 30-40 minutes from Carcassonne airport, heading North East, in the Minervois wine region.

If you've not had chance to explore, I can recommend the village of Homps, on the Canal du Midi and the nearby Lac de Jouarres for swimming and a nice lakeside cafe/restaurant. There are 4 or 5 reataurants in Homps, directly on the Canal - La Peniche and the English owned En Bon Compagnie, excellent!

Bit further out is L'Auberge de la Croisade, near Bize-Minervois, again an excellent Canal side restaurant.

Bon chance!!

Ahhh, hello neighbor! I work in Sophia Antipolis myself (English teacher), but summer vacation starts soon! :-)

Ill check it on google map, we've been here since Feb we have had no time to visit other towns or villages.

Not far away, Elaine. Holiday home in Pepieux, up near Olonzac

so anyone in Carcassonne?

Cool, so funny :-)

Hi Holly I am living not far from you in Roquebrune sur Argens, and I work in Cannes :-)

Hi James

I was born in South Africa. I moved to Switzerland in 2002 and I have been living in Alsace, near Colmar, since November 2010 :slight_smile: