Where are you from and where did you move to in France?

Me, too. South Philly, then I moved across the bridge to southern NJ, now I'm living in the Lot.

1 Like

We moved from Oxfordshire to Estang, SW France, 32240, last December. Still running UK business so returning every few weeks. Getting used to speaking/understanding French - answering the phone is quite challenging!, remembering not to go shopping at lunchtime, snakes in garden! - but loving being here

Born and brought up in NE Scotland (Kincardineshire) and then moved to Lanarkshire, then Dumfriesshire, and now in Dept 17 (near Jonzac)

Born in Belfast, N. Ireland, fled to Dublin for studies, emigrated to Berlin for work and came to France, by chance, for love. Lived in different parts of this country since 1980 - Strasbourg, Paris, Ajaccio and now Toulouse where I run a successful estate agency selling gites. Wife has Spanish and Italian parents, so my kids have 4 grand-parents of 4 different nationalities - true Europeans!

I'm from golders green london nw11 married to a frenchman in 1966 and Have lived in France ever since.we live in Sevres just out side Paris.Never seem to go back to Lonodon as all my family live in South Africa .I try to visit them every now and then

Born and bred Leigh on Sea, in Essex now in Thezan des Corbieres!

Hi all, I was born in Santa Monica, grew up in Sunnyvale (California)and moved to France 26 years ago. Started off in Nantes, spent 5 years in a small town in Vendee, and have lived in Romorantin (41) for the past 20 years. And I still miss the US!!!

1 Like

Manhattan to central Paris.

1 Like

Hi Eleanor, hope u dont mind me using ur first name. Its good to read someone from Africa. I still miss Africa but with both parents dead and an only child, Europe seems my best option especially as my kids are in US and UAE. They say Dordogne is full of English people, so, u should be alright there. My husband misses the African sunshine, that's why we ended up in Southern France but they have a funny mentality, so quarrelsome over nothing. Anyway, best of luck!

Born in Nigeria, left for further studies aged 18, ended up in Paris just after the 1968 Student Revolution and loved life in Paris. Spent 7 years studying and working in Paris. Married English and spent 35 years in Surrey raising family.Now retired, chilling out in S W France Languedoc Roussillion in a small village a million miles from Paris! The French in Southern France are definitely different from those in the Metropolis, very small minded. Three neighbours from big French cities that moved in here have abandonned ship and left : it takes time getting used to village mentality.

Hi, I'm from Namibia (Windhoek) and currently live in Isére (38) near Voiron. Will be moving back to the Dordogne (24) in mid-July where I started out in 2006. I still miss the African sunshine .....

Hi,

Also from just outside of Exeter, moved to Huelgoat in Brittany (29) just under 4 years ago and loving it here

I am from Los Angeles and moved to France in 2002 from Hungary where I'd been teaching for 10 years. Lived in Tours for 5 years, then Poitiers another 5 and in 2012 moved back to Southern California. It has nice weather and I live one block from the beach but I miss France every day.

1 Like

Born in Singapore and as my father was in the Army we lived in Africa and then switched between Germany and England a lot. Finally ended up in Portsmouth due to being in RN for 24 years. My wife and I move to the Allier in 2004 not because we loved France or the French but simply because we wanted a larger farm for our llama business and land in Wales (where we had a farm at the time) was to expensive. We have moved 3 times now but always remained in the Allier and still have llamas :-)

From Cardiff, left the UK in 1990 for Arras (to play rugby), then Nîmes, Châteauneuf du Pape, L'Isle sur la Sorgue, Nimes again, Perpignan, Toulouse, Pézenas, Cabrières (30) and now Juvignac.

Hi all,

Have just arrived from Devon, near Exeter and now living between St James (50) and Le Ferre (35)

Hi James

I was born in Cambridge, but due to father being in the RAF, have lived all over the place. Moved to France in 2012 to a small hamlet not far from Linards (87), Haute Vienne. Absolutely love it here ;)

Yorkshire born, but moved to Herts in my teens and then moved to Portsmouth and Southampton where I spent the bulk of my life.

We are now in Cambes 47. Lot et Garonne and never been happier!

Not sure I know where I come from! Born and raised for 16 years in Wimbledon, (I still support AFC Wimbledon football club) Lived in Berwick on Tweed for a little while, then the East End of London, then Brighton, then Dagenham, then moved to County Durham which I guess is where I think of as home but have no family there, Husband wanted to move to France then but I only went as far as Somerset, lived there for the last 8 years before coming to the Languedoc 2 years ago. Now in Sainte Valiere tiny village 20 mins from Narbonne.

Born in Sussex and moved to Surrey when I was 5, Hubby born and Bred in Battersea..... we were living in Kingston upon Thames, Surrey and have moved to the Tarn 81 had the house since 2002 and lived here permently since 2004...