Where are you getting your fix since Brexit

Has anybody actually used BritishGram ?
I have just spoken to BG and they said if I spent £150 they would declare 70/78 pounds so the duty in France would be cheaper for me :thinking: any thoughts ?

Isn’t that illegal?

That’s a lot of food! If you do do an order can I add some tea, from the map I’m guessing we are in about 15 minutes of each other! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

If I can get some tea I will certainly pop some in for you…are we that close!

Took a look at Britishgram.

Vegemite is nearly 9 euros. For same jar as costs £2-00 to £2-20 in UK. Which is already an uplift over the Oz price.

I’m planning to hold out and put the savings towards the cost of the next food run. At that pricing it’ll balance out buying very little.

Might just be the difference between wholesale and retail prices

I don’t know, hence the question but a deliberate false declaration to avoid duty is not legal, is it? And is the declaration the retail price paid by the consumer or the wholesale buying price of the sender :thinking:

Other than tea it would be difficult to find anything else I needed/wanted to warrant spending £150!

I’ve not had to do any customs declarations yet, do they ask for the value of the items or the cost?

Where do you do your food run?

What à ridiculous farce Brexit has become for us in that we are discussing/obsessing about ways to get hold of a certain tea.

3 Likes

When is my next food run?

Hahahahhahaha… when Boris stops charging anyone who sets foot in the UK £200-£220. For a start.

And when it’s possible for boat, train and plane to offer more than almost no services that connect to anything as now - because there’s so few of anything - and yet they’re all priced at full peak rate.

Gut feeling my next run will be sometime between Sept and Nov. Bearing in mind that what can be brought back now is strictly limited in type and value and I expect borders to enforce this.

1 Like

I’ll PM you! Just going on the map (which doesn’t really have me exactly where I am so probably the same for you!)

Strueth!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

OMG. The world as we know it is in turmoil, will have to restrict marmite sarnies to hi days and holidays for the next few months
On a serious note a jar in our U has recently gone from about €4.90 to about €6.50

I was under the impression that mant items are packaged in “wholesale caterin” packs. I looked on britishcornershop.co.uk

And if you put tea bags in basket and change delivery country to France they disappear from the basket…similar with certain other items

And good proper beer…I hate with a passion the fizzy stuff (like 1664 et al) so prevalent here and silly plant leaves masquerading as tea…real tea is Yorkshire Tea as drunk by builders, Typoo and PG Tips,
Other than those and hot mango pickles and MARMITE (aka food of the Gods) I crave for little else from Boris’s Brexit world !!

Lidl had a box of 12 bottles of English golden ales last week, it is very nice indeed.

I forgot to say Lidl stock a very good German IPA in a gold can with name STEAM BREW on the front. 99c, v highly recommended …nearest thing to a traditional English beer i have found

I call that a family visit :wink:

Sister tried to send a parcel for my birthday…simple things just over 1kg. Royal Mail said £45!!! So she tried the parcel monkey type services but they wouldn’t)p’t provide the customs codes or CN23 form. I will not be getting a birthday present I fear.

I noticed that the British food in the local supermarkets are running low ore is out all together 2 weeks now and the price on amazon for Yorkshire tea has gone up 80 something for 1000 bags