Where do all you gardeners live and which department? Add a pic of your garden and house if you like!

The top of the garden is so boggy in the winter, so we just let it do its own thing - just mow wide paths through and around it…its really lovely up until the beginning of August, then we cut it all down in September.

The steps need replacing and I definitely should’ve moved the bin before taking the picture, but the roses have been a wonderful success since planting 3 years ago. It’s not the best photo, but you get the idea…

Lorraine - gardener in training

Jane, they are absolutely beautiful! gosh that takes me back to Spain! a real credit to you!

at last I understand how this website works!! I live in a tall house in Sevres 92310 haut de seine.Paris realy as we are walking distance.small garden Small garden and a bit complicated to manage as it is north facing with no sun at all in winter and 4 months of sun in summer.I have a conservatory with 2 stunning bouganivillea and they get no sun at all but I drug them with tomato fertilizer

Please bear with me as I want to see if I can get these photos to load properly and not just as attachments. K x

Yippee!!

I am so not posting the picture of my four planters plus the weeds and rubble that is currently my ‘garden’ …

Looks great!

Morning Julia! Gosh that is so beautiful, reminds me of a ‘famous house’ garden I used to visit in Sussex, I think it was Great Dixter but not that sure, was open to the public, just like yours! so there you are - you know the way to go now LOL So relaxing!

great photo - they look like little people! K x

Lovely view!

Karen,

It’s says on your posting attachments at the bottom, and i clicked on those, i add mine above here where it says add an image, im not sure like you.

Apparently round here they only have the sunflowers once in every 8 years or so! and like you they are so calming, i do all my thinking in the garden especially sitting on my tractor mower. Have a look at a pic of sunflowers from last year in a field near to us, unfortunately couldn’t see them from my house, hence im planting loads this year! Jill x

Thank Jill - money pit is all I can say! Simon says it’s like the forth bridge, just as you think you have finished, it all needs doing again! Yes we have thick walls so it’s often colder in the house than outside. It’s nice in the summer though, we are very thankful then.

Every year except for the “sunflower” year, as we call it, the farmer has planned maize. Not very interesting to look at. I can’t make out what he’s planted this year but I will have to go and investigate. When the sunflowers were there, it was magical to have a cup of coffee early in the morning and look out over them. They really lift the spirits. We are lucky with the view, and you will understand now why I say that I go and have look at it when I feel things getting too much. I find it very calming. K x

P.S. I’m not sure if I uploaded the photos OK - are they supposed to be listed as attachments or should I have done something different? Or is it just me who can’t see them!

Gosh Karen the view is outstanding! and I absolutely love Sunflowers, they seem to talk to you with their large heads don’t they!

Your house looks lovely as well, I love these old houses but don’t they demand a lot of work, I don’t know about yours but mine is so cold even now in the lounge, 3’ thick walls typical longere, is yours like that with thick walls?

I live in Lot-et-Garonne, in the region of Aquitaine, dept. 47. We are on limestone rock with fairly clay top soil. As you can imagine the ground is very stony and I have several broken spades and fork to prove it! However, it is pretty fertile soil and plants grow well (most of the time!). Here are a couple of photos of my house and the view.