Where do you live?

Well, I guess the ball is in. Your court…whatever you decide…good luck and enjoy… :slight_smile:

Wow Carol…good luck and congratulations…getting married here or? No I’m the Danish one my hubby is the English one…lived in London area for years, and finally we are have, having said that, he’s still working in London, so doing most things on my own, but now happily have the company if a lively and lovely nearly 5 months old Golden Retriever…PS! Hope you’re not packing on your honeymoon?

Where in DK is Christian from? Me I’m was made and born in Copenhagen :slight_smile:

Anyway, if you have had enough of packing…let me know…wishing you and Christian a fab and wonderful day on Saturday… :wink:

We are still in L.A. for now. I plan to put my salon up for sale in 2017, so hopefully it'll sell fast as I will have bags in hand, ready to go. Purging superfluous things now, and getting other ducks in their perspective rows. I'll still have at least 10 working years after making the move, (hairstylist), so I would appreciate any feedback/ideas. My husband has been a server in high-end restaurants for years and loves selling bread at the local farmers' markets for a friend, but might want to do something else in France. He's open to suggestions and he likes being around people and animals, sometimes at the same time, LOL
My hubby's parents and other relatives live in Rochemaure pop: 2000ish, near Montélimar in Ardêche (07). It's near the Rhône river, and that area of Ardêche is very near the Drome to the south and the Rhône to the north. We'll be staying with them until we get settled, ie: get a car/job/our own place, (renting at first), in that order.
Thank you everyone for all your advice. I got the idea of renting at first to see if we liked a certain area before buying. I also learned here on SFN that selling isn't always easy/feasible/fast, and that €€ might be lost. GREAT advice!

Brilliant :D !!

Thanks Lis, although we still seem to have a full car each way, but I live in hope.

That sounds very inviting Lis..thanks! :) But I'm getting married on Saturday, then need to start packing/tidying up for the move. This is the first time I've taken part in a discussion on sfn, been a member for over a year though. Lis.. did I read some time back on a thread that you or your partner were Danish? My partner Christian is Danish and it just so happens that the area we're moving to, quite a few Danes live there all year round apparently :)

Yes Holly, that sounds great. We are within 15 minutes walk from Aups, which is the truffle centre of the Var. We look out to high hills in the south west, have a vineyard and more hills to the north east, with some neighbours too, so we aren’t isolated. Our neighbours are mainly French, but we also have some delightful Irish neighbours (my husband is Irish).

Ahhhh, hello out there fellow 83-ers! Near the Gorge is beautiful. I haven't been to Callas but as someone mentioned, there are many beautiful places in France. I like how we are close to big cities but have a country feel here. We have neighbors on either side, but in front and on the other side of the road, there is unconstructable land, and as I speak, there are two horses enjoying the sunshine!

In the Aude at St.Marcel sur aude only 1/2 hour to the beach or into the corbiers or the black mountains 2 hours to the Pyrenees ski resorts 1 hour to Spain 50 mins to Carcassone, 15 mins to Narbonne with good air link to UK (north west). What more could one ask for !

Hi Holly I have posted that we are in the Var, up in the hills at Aups, near the Gorges du Verdon. So another 83 -er!

Nice village, stayed there a couple of times as we nearly bought a place in Tourtour last year. Famous for its Truffles. We're now buying a gites/B&B place in Callas (83) hopefully we'll be in there by mid April and get set up for the summer season :)

Hi Holly

Yes at page 18.. just what I was thinking! We're in the process of buying a place in Callas not far from Callian I believe (without looking at google maps)

Hi Carol…well you are always welcome to come over for a glass or two of that local pink stuff… :slight_smile:

Hi Lis..yeh we're not far from you just on the other side of Pertuis, but not for much longer as we are in the process of buying a property in Callas (83) with gites/B&B

Hi there

Oh! my cousin lives in your village, we've been there... it's a nice place

Hi
Lonrai near alencon in normandy

Hi Wendy,

our farmhouse is in the Allier near Laprugne/Le Mayet-de-Montagne. We seem to be mainly surrounded by Dutch ex-pats and abandoned hamlets.

We love it, but are also glad that we still have our house in Lyon. It would probably be very lonely in winter. We switch between the 2 homes and spend mainly the weekends in the Auvergne.

it's in the Aude (11), south of Carcassonne and Limoux ;-)

Looks lovely…enjoy, makes such a difference that you do not have to pack the car at both ends… :slight_smile: