Where do you live?

Debra - don’t worry about being American, you have made the right choice coming this way…where is Quillan ie near, area + number…France is big… :wink:

I thought it was…think you made the right choice with the old house… :slight_smile:

Hi James, We live in Tuchan a small wine producing village in the Aude (11), population 817, surrounded by 2000 vineyards. Home of the Mont Tauch Wine Co-operative - http://www.mont-tauch.com

The village is just under 20 miles North West of Perpignan airport. This has been our holiday home since 2007, we have just retired and look forward to spending most of of our time in this beautiful area of France

I am still in the USA but I am relocating to Quillan or its vicinity in early 2017...earlier if my house sells quickly once I put it on the market. If the information I located on the Internet is correct, the population is roughly 3,400. It seems most of the immigrants there are from the UK. Hopefully, they will accept an American and not judge me by the political climate in the USA. :) I am planning a one month stay there in September/October of this year. I am a professional artist. I want to explore France and the rest of Europe, easel at the ready. I have already discussed it with my daughter (my only relative) and she knows, upon my death, that I want to have my remains stay in France.

We are at Trie-Chateau in the Oise, Picardie (60) but right on the border with Normandie (27). Population 1500, very pretty historic village and hand for Gisors. I commute into Paris 3 to 4 days a week and hubby renovates the house and runs our 1st holiday apartment whilst trying to work out how to pay for the 2nd one.

Couldn't imagine living anywhere else now!

We have one English lady 4km up the road in Chaumont but otherwise there seem to be few expats near here. There were more where we used to live in Conflans Ste Honorine in the Yvelines (78).

Just looked on Google maps and the complex we looked at is on Boulevard de la Paix, near the canal. Bit different from our 200 year old stone village town house we have now.

Thanks Lis.

We moved from West Yorkshire nearly 8 years ago and now live in Laprade, a tiny hamlet near Chateauponsac in the Haute Vienne 87. We found our dream property, it is built ON our own lake and, we now have 2 gites. The area is beautiful, so much so that my son and his wife moved here 3 years ago!!! The pic shows just the corner of the house from the well.![](upload://42net43ErMDM9vU2sYtR3v03oof.JPG)

Tiny hamlet - Teillet 81190 Pampelonne Tarn

It’s filmed around here, and the scene where Russell meet Marion for their first date, the basin and it starts to pour down is Cucuron. Was there at the market yesterday, as I do most Tuesday just 15min away…

I’ll have my man arriving very tired from OZ and Hong Kong(don’t feel to sorry for him, as he’s been on holiday catching up with friends + enjoying some rugby in Hong Kong)…

Not quite retired yet, and what’s dads and mums for…enjoy and have a hopefully not too tiring time… :slight_smile:

Thank Pam we cut our own wood ,have it delivered in lenghts i know its not quite the same but its cheaper that way, not knowing anyone up that way in that situation its going to be a no go then. I have a couple of trees to drop for a friend when the weather improves as i owe him a favour

yes I know the couple you mean they have gone now ... Maybe you could strike a deal with some one here who has the right and doesn't use it as its hard work ... if you did the work and shared the wood maybe ? Its too late this year as the lots have been given out but next feb is when you put your name down if you want a lot .... you will need a 4x4 and trailer to get it down aswell

Thoroughly enjoyed the film "A Good Year", Lis. The scenery and ambience is so typical of the wider South of France area.

Really looking forward to our trip out at the end of April. My son has just bought a property in Tourouzelle, only 5 minutes from Pepieux, so it's Mum and Dad's job to go and "fix it up"!! Such is retirement, no excuse now!!

We live in a little hameau called Estipouy, six km from Mirande. Only moved out in December but loving it!

Not that i can recall Pamela we met a couple from Pradels a few weeks ago they had sold their house and were moving further north to Brittany as where they lived was to isolated none of them spoke French apparently even though they had lived in the Dordogne and down here mind does anyone speak French in Dordogneshire there are so many Brits there.We jive in a little hamlet just outside Labrespy and come under Mazamet Marie so will have to ask about the wood as its our only source of heating

Did I speak to you once when I was walking my dogs ? you were beside a bike eating a sandwich ? I meet lots of english cyclist here its a popular ride

we buy it from our Marie for 80 euros this entitles you to 18 stere of wood a year, I think it is only woodland villages that do it you will have to ask yours. its hard work but we actually enjoy it .... and we have wood coming out of our ears at the mo....

Yes we have had a lot of snow over night but its not cold so melting fast ... and the mist is now clearing ...can even see the sun trying its hardest to get through .... I'll be back out sat in garden tomorrow I expect ;0)

exactly ;-)

no serioulsy, all my french family have had new places built (apart from MIL and FIL who are in the old farm) and they all have wc with wash basins!

Lovely Pézenas...and funny Molière :)

Hello, Timothy, we live in Saint-Eustache, near Annecy, so not far away! Just up the mountain from St Jorioz, West side of the lake. Been here 5 years. A bit hard to integrate with the Savoyards around here but continuing to make both French and English/Irish friends. How about you?