Where do you live?

felicitations ! un petit ruthénois comme ma fille, mon filles étant decazevillois. ;-)

I don’t remember there being a museum, just a few busted relics and a couple of big pots outside the small building on the right which then functioned as the ticket office. Mind you, it was cheaper to get in then! No apologies required: I used to teach in a university, and pedantry survives retirement.

YES I DO,,,,,,

Gensac

Was in Duras last night.

Hi Regina; well there's me but nobody else (i think) but you already know me. Haven't seen you at Sylvie's lunches in a while, starting again in September
Dominique

Did they have the museum then Richard? It was inhabited by the Gauls firstly but, easier, and obviously incorrect, to say an old Roman site. Sorry. :-9

I have a little house in St jean de Duras near Duras dept 47 does any one live near there. Hoping to move out next February after sorting out medical problems. Love the place so much only two English people that I am aware of,French neighbours are lovely. Need to learn French . Will take pictures when I’m out in September

We wondered why Ampthill when we drove through last week.I think, though, that the Oppidum long predates the Romans. It’s a great location with fantastic views, and much more to see on site than when we visited 20 odd years ago.

Hi Lesley would you live near duras and miramont. I’ve got a house in st jean de duras
Thanks Sheelagh

We live in Nissan-Lez-Enserune in the Herault. Some of the older residents say they were born in Nissan but now live in Nissan-Lez-Enserune. The Enserune part was added about 60 years ago to benefit from the proximity to the Oppidum d'Enserune - an ancient Roman site.
3876 inhabitants with 8 full time English. I am unsure of other nationalities as my wife and I "party" with our French friends. House purchased 8 years ago, we moved full time 3 years ago and we twinned with our town in England, Ampthill, 4 years ago - a cause de moi!

We live in Reuilly, a well known wine village in the Loire Valley (36) near Bourges and Vierzon. We are right on the town square in a thriving market town of 2000 people.

Rouffignac in the dordogne i think we are perigord noir…farm house and a barn converted into two gites…dunno how to put pics on but we have a website prettylittle cottage in the dordogne there are loads on there.

Teillet - a little hamlet attached to commune of Pampelonne in SW France

we have a masion secondaire in the beautiful and stunning Cevennes in the small village of La Haute Levade , in the Gard region , which is fifteen minutes from our main town of Ales

We live here in a small hamlet called Chabanol. We are in the commune of St Etienne sur Usson - about 16 kms from Issoire in the Puy de Dome dept of the Auvergne.

We are presently living in a leafy suburb of Lyon, but have just bought this lovely old farmhouse in the Auvergne (03 - Allier).

Is there anybody else from here living in that part of France?

We only have a second home in France, but would love to move permanently if my wife did not have local commitments in Northern Ireland. We are currently in St Genies de Fontedit, near Beziers, population about 1100, with a number of resident Anglo/Irish and cosmopolitan visitors. In the recent election the former mayor was defeated by an opposition team and is blaming it on the mobilisation of the local Brit population! We are within a circulade (houses built in concentric circles around a central defensive point, originally dating from around 1000 a.d.) in what was probably a defense tower, enbourgeoised in the 18th and 19th centuries. Unlike a previous contributor to this thread, we have re-frenchified it after previous American owners.

Beautiful village. We spent part of our honeymoon in Lagrasse in 1989, and visit it periodically for lunch and a stroll. We stayed in an apartment at the top of the house owned by Richard Scott, of the Scott family who used to own the Manchester Guardian, in Les Halles. We have since lost touch. Is he still there do you know?

I live in a little hamlet of around 8 house called l’age Coue , near lignac, in the brenne national park been here 5 weeks and loved it from day one. I bought a small holding with 6 hectares of mixed pasture, woodland and a stream borders the land. We are near chateau Guilliane not sure how to post a picture but will try

Were you asking me Christine?

Not too far from you James. Burgaronne, tiny village near Orthez in 64.