Which VPN to use?

The only one for me that is ok with both Sky Go and Virgin Go is purevpn, Amazon Prime in the UK works with Privatevpn.

PureVPN is OK, been with them for a couple of years, cheap but sometimes very slow.

I emailed NordVPN and they confirmed that their VPN does work with SkyGo in France, so Iā€™ll give it ago for this weekends F1.

I hope you have better luck with them than I have, just tried it again on phone and pc with two different networks, I get either cannot connect with this network at this time or you cannot watch this content in this region.

Thatā€™s not encouraging :thinking: Iā€™ll take advantage of the money back guarantee if it doesnā€™t work.

Thought Iā€™d catch the end of the cricket- took 8 tries with different servers to get connected today. Before, SkyGo normally connected straight away. Maybe theyā€™re having a clampdown, but it eventually connected

So you tried 8 different UK based servers before it connected?

Then once connected it ran flawlessly?

The commercial VPNs sound very temperamental. You donā€™t have an option of a relative in UK running a raspberry pi with OpenVPN? It is relatively straight forward and it will never be blocked.

Actually I do have a Raspberry pi back at home in UK, I purchased it for retro gaming but itā€™'s seldom used.
Is there a Idiots guide for setting it up with OpenVPN?

Try

Or there are many other guides on how to do it.

Also worth activating VNC on the pi so you can easily remotely login to it from France (on your mobile or pc)

You will also need to config this since your ISP may change your public IP address when your router reboots. If it does change after creating the *ovpn files, then you wonā€™t be able to connect.

And you mentioned before you have the travel router, so that part is easy peasy.

1 Like

Yes it was good once connected, bit of a PITA to get there though. Not tried today yet.

Thanks, I want to watch the F1 so Iā€™ll give it a punt purely for this, if not itā€™ll have to be one of those hit n miss streaming sites.

Shades of the Two Ronniesā€¦ :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Thatā€™s exactly why I got it - thanks little bro!

Iā€™ve just subscribed to NordVPN and SkyGo worked first time, boy did I hold my breathe lol.
Just the one UK server though :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I use Surfshark. Took seconds to install. Any questions you E mail and actually get an answer and a solution. 2 years cost me $80.00.

Unlimeted licences installs on Mac and PC I Phone no problems some older I Pads it will install but only up to a certain version. Has multihop built in. and there are loads of bolt ons if you want them.

Enjoy

Which # server number are you connected to, it changes servers each time you hit the refresh number.

I just connected first time just now. Server was 2286, but donā€™t think you can choosešŸ¤”

If you click on the refresh button next to the UK you will see the server number changing.

1 Like

Doesnā€™t work with SkyGo though, Iā€™m seeking a refund from them.