Tattooing - love it or hate it - and Thoughts about a Blog

I’m not a lover of tattoos… but obviously there is a living to be made out of this form of body-art…

I read this comment on a friend’s FB page…(she seems almost as elusive as ophtalmologistes in France :wink:)

"I’ll be opening my books THIS WEEKEND for clients with on-going work only.

This will be so that all you lovely existing clients of mine get first pick of the available dates between Jan-March 2018…before I take on any new clients next month (when my books will be open to all).

If you have NOT already been tattooed by me and want to book-in, please wait until next month (October) and look out for updates on my website or here on my Facebook page.

Thanks everyone! "

1 Like

Useful for identifying the corpse but otherwise it looks like one of those very bad tapestries that used to adorn the walls of “Indian” restaurants in 60’s Birmingham.

1 Like

It’s certainly not my cup of tea… but this sort of thing is amazingly popular… and painful too, I would have thought.

I have had a couple of tattoos for many years, only fairly small and only in black. They can be works of art if done carefully and professionally, but the problem I have seen is that over the years the fine details become a bit blurred, faded and just aren’t “fine” any more.

P.S. It doesn’t hurt if done on a fleshy part.

@Mark … sounds as if your old tattoos need to be redone/reworked… are you game… ??? :grin:

Stella, I’m up for anything :sunglasses:

I find it amazing that this tattoo/picture is actually created by individual, tiny, needle stabs … it makes me shudder at the thought… ugh… but they are gaining in popularity…

The photo (of this bright-eyed Loris tattoo) does not do it justice… I have seen it in the flesh… (no pun intended)

1 Like

I have a hornet head tatooed on my arm, as a way of thanks!

Is that in thanks for them not attacking you whilst you go about removing their nests ? :wink:

I must admit I am not a lover of tattoos either, it seems to be a trend for women to have them ‘crawling’ up their legs, chests and backs. I wonder what they will look like when they pass into their 50’s and older and everything gets flabby.:nauseated_face:

2 Likes

@anon89172871 It’s not just women… it’s men as well… none so queer as folk :wink:

This is probably going to come across as sexist, but I think tattoos on a woman look far worse than on a man !

Said it, left myself wide open to all of your comments, but that’s my opinion for what its worth. :zipper_mouth_face:

2 Likes

I have to disagree, but it does depend on so many things, not least the person who has the ink!

I always fancied tattoos but never had any - my wife bought me tattooed sleeves for fun a few Christmasses ago. Easy to put on and take off but my Mum nearly had kittens when I took my jumper off to show my ‘artwork’.

She jumped nearly as much as I did when I saw a guy walking out of the pool on holiday with an automatic pistol tucked into the back of the waist band of his shorts - it was only a tattoo but I was already planning my escape and looking for the kids.

I posted a thread about my views on tattoos - I don’t find them attractive & would not have one. My dislike of tattoos was interpreted by a few that I therefore dislike people with tattoos! I don’t like Citroen 2CVs either but I have friends who do.
Some can indeed be works of skill rather than art, much like an air brushed picture on a car or truck but if that car was sold on or the owner got bored with it, it can be removed.

2 Likes

Works of skill rather than works of art sums it up beautifully and tactfully :relaxed:

1 Like

I’m happy that my young friend is able to make a good living to support her and her family.

She is fully-booked for months in advance… almost like the Ophtalmologues here :grin:

(We saw our Ophtalmo again yesterday and now he says every 2 years will suffice…) :hugs:

1 Like

Not that I would choose this chap to adorn my body… but the client was very pleased… :relaxed:

1 Like

Saw a heavily tattooed, heavy, elderly lady on a boat in the Balearics, years ago, 'Orrific :roll_eyes:

i have no preference but have seen some awful tattoos on men and women and have seen some great ones too.