Who'd have thought it - hedge funds make good on Brexit

Apparently a few hedge funds “in the know”, helped by that nice man Mr Farage made a killing on the drop in sterling in June2016.

It’s a stretch to suggest, on what is reported here, that Brexit was engineered for this reason - rather than someone with access to a bit of insider information spotting a likely move in the market and taking advantage but it shows who the real winners from Brexit are likely to be and it isn’t “Will, of the people”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2018-06-25/brexit-big-short-how-pollsters-helped-hedge-funds-beat-the-crash

also Mz Maybe OH is in hedge funds - in other words Mz Maybe herself…

Crispin Odey was a big funder of Leave, to the tune of £900,000 but made some £220 million shorting the £ on the night of the vote.

He’s at it again - making bets that British industry will do badly post Brexit

These people don’t give a flying **** for Britain, just that they can find something to disrupt tso that they might profit from it.

1 Like

These odious slime really make me heave…

And if EVER I get in a room with that scrotum flea Farage…I wont be responsible for my actions…

2 Likes

When will anyone in authority step in to control this arrogant oaf?

2 Likes

I know how Carl feels about Farage

1 Like

The vast majority of rich brexiteers are cynical carpetbaggers, wreckers, profiteers; the less well-off brexiteers are mainly sadly misguided.

2 Likes