Why do folk give "Goody Bags"

Marvellous how you are gifted with second sight Roger…to know what a large proportion of posters on here think:

If you are so gifted I wonder if you can devine what I think of your post ?

1 Like

Who is this Eugenie person?

1 Like

Needs an environmentally friendly, anti child obesity solution. I suggest an organic apple :grin:

1 Like

Here’s a useful suggestion to all those considering getting wed. Do what me and my wife of fifty years did in 1968. Go to the local Register Office, get wed and then have a simple home produced buffet with immediate family and close friends. Perhaps society should reintroduce sumptuary laws to restrict this nonsensical expenditure.

2 Likes

Every one is different. A registry office and small buffet worked for you but you cant push your choices on other people. Just my daughter’s close family runs to 50 people. Then there is her fiancés family and all their friends. I have told her to do what suits them and they want their nearest and dearest.

1 Like

How about you do what you want as long as, this is important, its not illegal and you can pay for it. Life is not one size fits all or only available in one colour. As long as I got a plastic parachutist I could throw out of an upstairs window I was happy - even at a wedding :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I used to like them. Mine always turned out to be sucidal though!

2 Likes

I’m not trying to push anything on anyone Teresa. However it does seem to me that there is an inverse relationship between the lavishness of weddings with all their attendant “wedding planner” costs and the duration of the subsequent union.