Why do people mistreat horses?

I’m watching this with interest, as I do see what appear to be animals in distress from time to time.

Shocking (again!) Stella but I do wish people would at least throw some food (hay) into the field when they see patently starving horses - and then report it, at least to their local SPA and Mairie (if they’re ‘effective’ !?!). Some links for you:

Brigitte Bardot Foundation

SPA National Website

30 Millions d’Amis

And, in answer to your original question about why people mistreat horses - it’s because they are human scum, mentally deficient and devoid of emotion or feelings.

2 Likes

On reading the Comments at the bottom of the article… someone mentions how difficult it is to get the authorities to act, even when they are notified. I intend to follow this case as closely as I can, in order to work out a route to follow which will see swift action in future…

And yes, I agree, there is always someone who can give hay/grass or whatever… no excuses for sad situations like this…

The owners were on an adjoining property… not halfway across France… makes me so mad.

1 Like

Totally agree Simon. Sadly it’s not just horses but a large section of animals that are targets for these despicable types of people.
The punishments ( if any in some instances) are just not strong enough. Really makes my blood boil :rage:

3 Likes

why do humans mistreat anything? Answer is simple there are some ass holes out there and there is nothing society does about them.

1 Like

I had to telephone our neighbour, who is now longer farming, to say thst a cow was calving in the snow.
Of course, the calf died.