Why do people "troll"?

Sometimes a pic on here or elsewhere is a reminder of how we really look.
We are not all as lovely as we were way back then in the days when we
mingled with Shrimpton or Twiggy at a party.
So …yes perhaps it is not an asset to remain a little proud of what
we once had…but it proves that we are alive and there is hope.

2 Likes

Shrimpton and Twiggy? Or should that have been shrimps and twigglets?

For you Trevor…perhaps.

1 Like

There can surely be very few who could disagree with each of your points.
Finely put

Without a doubt we have our private moments.
As you have described.
And some times our comments may appear to be a
little pointed and possibly unwanted by the other reader.
But to deliberately make attacks on others in order to
defeat them mentally and cause distress…that is something else!

2 Likes

You are in disguise in your hat and glasses!

Ha ha… Fay… not in disguise, just sheltering from a very hot sun in that photo…(I don’t have many photos of me, I’m usually the one behind the camera)

Why don’t you use a nice photo of yourself, instead of just the F. ???

We are a decent lot… and I’ve not seen any evidence of flirting on the Forum (well, not so far…)

1 Like

You are right but you cant control people attitude the only thing you can do is to ignore such people.

My Assignment Help

I’ve long thought a lot of people have an Internet persona,different to how they are in real life Online people can be what they want and I suspect that a lot of the most strident on forums would be very meek and mild if we met them.
Another thing I have noticed, on forums on many subjects, is that sometimes ,someone joins a new (to them )site they post a few times and get some positive feedback, they post more and get more good feedback. This then carries on. After a while the poster thinks they are pivotal to the forum ( and often assumes authority they don’t have). Their postings become more forceful ( for want of a better expression) and other posters start to object, or disagree. The original poster thinks ’ they can’t say that to me, this is me ’ and that’s when trouble starts.

3 Likes

Nowadays… I have decided not to argue with folk who twist my words and forcibly attribute to me all sorts stuff…stuff that is derogatory and/or untrue… :zipper_mouth_face:

I’ve now decided that they only do it to get a response from me… :thinking: because when one is affronted, it is only natural to leap in with some sort of counter… “but that is not what I mean/think/believe”… and thus the stuff goes back and forth…

I shall just “flag” them… and leave them to it… and I would suggest “flagging” for anyone who finds themselves in a similar situation… only by “flagging” sufficiently, can such folk be persuaded to toe the line… :relaxed:

Some people might say bring back flogging… I just say… flag 'em… :wink::smile::rofl:

NB: If you see an offending post, already flagged… feel free to flag it yourself… this helps “test the water” of opinion… no need to answer such stuff… flag/flog it… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::sunglasses::grin:

3 Likes

Why Trolls? Because they are trolling for a response (fishing).

Don’t feed them! Terrible things happen if you feed them.

I remember being thrilled when I discovered French forums. Loving France but being restricted to the time I can spend there I thought they would be a perfect way to keep in touch. I was so disappointed when I realised a lot of people were only there to argue and cause trouble and deliberately baiting other posters. I think some of it is boredom

2 Likes

Nellie… have you seen the video links to different parts of France… that I post from time to time…

Put onto full screen…sit back with a glass of something… and you can imagine you are here…:relaxed::relaxed: even when you aren’t…:thinking:

1 Like

Thanks Stella I will do that! I hope to be back in about three weeks

That should be great… the crowds will have died down a bit, but it will still be lovely… :relaxed:

Why do trolls troll?

“Ilowakun glooug, athigakun dulrunakum, ushrollakun ushrolrag.”

It’s an old troll aphorism, and translates as “cows moo, pigs grunt, trolls troll”. :joy:

2 Likes

Several videos in this thread…

1 Like

For our troll readership, a translation:

“Guloakum Duium Shrakaloonakun gubag ashkieakun iniveum Gurancuth…”

Gulolmar inintug gorouum gulatakun! (Hold on to your hats! It’s windy up aloft).

1 Like