Why, if you live in France, did you vote for Brexit?

That is the strangest anti EU argument I’ve ever heard. And I’ve heard a few bizarre ones in my time.

1 Like

Thanks, Delia I have started to take it in and will report back.

Credible isn’t quite the word I’d use.

Tinfoil hat stuff I am afraid.

And it is still offensive nonsense.

3 Likes

Hi Delia…I’m familiar with the Kalergi plan and also a huge advocate for Gaza and Palestine…I feel if “we” could collectively heal the situation in Gaza…then “we” could collectively heal the world…

Every single one of us is important and our views equally valid… and we all have our life experiences and perspectives…

I’ve been researching Tartaria and the mud flood lately…it’s another interesting perspective…but the takeaway from all that I have ever researched and all the rabbit holes I have ever been down is that right now… we really need to come together and support each other as human beings…:heart:

The Duran
From mediabias factcheck
Questionable source
A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, overt propaganda, poor or no sourcing to credible information and/or is fake news. Fake News is the deliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for the purpose of profit or influence (Learn More). Sources listed in the Questionable Category may be very untrustworthy and should be fact checked on a per article basis. Please note sources on this list are not considered fake news unless specifically written in the notes section for that source. See all Questionable sources.

Bias: Extreme Right, Propaganda

Notes: The Duran is an online news and opinion source with a strong right wing bias. There is evidence they have posted misleading information and they have perpetuated some conspiracies. The source does produce legitimate news with a right wing bias, so we will not place them in the conspiracy category at this time. (11/30/2016)

I presume Delia’s house is on the market so she can leave the dreadful EU a.s.a.p. :grinning:

Or she is a masochist.

I’m loving the intellectual slant.
I’m normally a lefty in general but remember, living in France about one in three voted national front at last election.
Love Europe, hate the EU

I find the rise of extremism all over the world and particularly in Europe pretty terrifying.
Love people, hate populism.

2 Likes

Fear is a vote winner.

Love politics, hate politicians

Fear only triumphs where people cannot be bothered to find out for themselves.
The Battle Bus and its totally misleading promise of huge amounts of money for the NHS , even after it was ordered to remove it, was still being quoted as a reason for voting Leave.

1 Like

A propos the use of “love” and “hate” in relation to such entities as the EU and imprecise notions such as populism, wouldn’t it improve debate if our feelings were more provisional, as in “favourably disposed to the EU but with significant qualifications”, or “suspicious of the type of populism that stirs up negative emotion against minorities”.

‘Love’ and ‘hate’ seem to invite click-bait polarised responses. Sad? :grinning:

Yes please.

Delia, I married a black African woman forty-five years ago and we have three adult children who are mixed race British and EU citizens. If that offends you personally it is of no importance to me, but your implication that my marriage and our children are part of a high-level plot gives me concern for what I regard as a dangerously threatening state of mind. That I have to take seriously, don’t I ?

You seem to be a hairs-breadth from promoting extremist ideology, and you could even become a potential threat to security IMO.

SFN is a tolerant and broad-minded social media platform, but as you seem to be implacably intolerant of diversity yourself perhaps this is not a suitable forum for you to express yourself in?

11 Likes

Pete, I think you are too polite (and tolerant)

1 Like

It beggars belief to read such bullshit that you have published here !

Edited to say apologies for any offensive language but in view of this person’s post believe me its mild by comparison!

3 Likes

It beggars belief that you should proclaim your extremist ideas on this forum.
You must be a very unhappy person.

1 Like

I confess that I find racism tiresome and very offensive. From a purely genetic perspective there is hardly any variation in homo sapiens - a result of most of the Indo-European population being descended from a small group that left Africa.

The visual difference in white skinned individuals is an adaptation to low solar illumination in northerly European latitudes - otherwise we don’t make enough vitamin D. When we arrived in the region we were as brown skinned as the average Indian.

It is said (and, as far as I know it is true) that the average chimpanzee troop has more genetic variation than the entire human race.

So, please take your narrow-minded, racist and frankly ill-informed views elsewhere.

5 Likes

I’ve no idea how you managed to keep your reply so civil…

2 Likes