Wild weather/Extreme Weather alert - It's back again... August 2018

(stella wood) #181

They talk about it hitting 40c in these named departments… but it has been hitting 40c on my terrace (shaded) for some time… and we are South-West :thinking:

(stella wood) #182

Good advice on how best to cope with the heatwave…

5 errors to avoid…:thinking:

(Mark Robbins) #183

I always find downing a few cold beers helps, no matter what the weather is like :beer::beer::beer::beer:

(Ann Coe) #184

Last Thursday we took a Belgian friend to visit a Pagoda that is almost 2 hours from us.
The temperature when we returned to the car was 42° in the full sun ! :sweat::sweat:
Happily I have ‘clim’ :slight_smile:

Here is the link for the Pagoda if anyone is not too far …

(stella wood) #185

I sat in the car while the owner filled up the petrol tank… Of course, with the engine switched off the “clime” went off too… it only took maybe 5 minutes, but I felt as if I were burning alive. thankfully I had my water bottle with me… but how anyone could leave dogs, kids or whatever…while they “pop into a shop” beats me…

(Chris Kite) #186

Things could be worse…

(stella wood) #187

I have not known a year like this… so many storms… phew… batten down everyone… :wink:

(Bill Morgan) #188

Well a bit of welcome rain here, though it has messed up my ‘wombling’ today :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

(Mandy Davies) #189

We’re in the orange area and expecting a storm tonight after a hot & humid day. Bizarre weather this year.

Having said that. I just shared a post from Facebook at this time last year that said I’d had to put the heating on in August for the first time ever.

(stella wood) #190

gosh… that is a real change…

Can’t see us needing heating yet (hope not)… but we have a small electric fan rad… with thermostat… which takes the edge off if necessary… and it doesn’t cost a bomb…

(Mandy Davies) #191

Finally the storm has arrived. It’s ferocious!! :cloud_with_lightning::cloud_with_lightning_and_rain::zap:

Continuous thunder and lightning for more than an hour now and torrential rain. Feeling fresher already after an oppressively hot day.

I just hope there is no damage or flooding anywhere. :crossed_fingers: