Wild weather -October /November 2018

They talk about it hitting 40c in these named departments… but it has been hitting 40c on my terrace (shaded) for some time… and we are South-West :thinking:

Good advice on how best to cope with the heatwave…

5 errors to avoid…:thinking:

1 Like

I always find downing a few cold beers helps, no matter what the weather is like :beer::beer::beer::beer:

Last Thursday we took a Belgian friend to visit a Pagoda that is almost 2 hours from us.
The temperature when we returned to the car was 42° in the full sun ! :sweat::sweat:
Happily I have ‘clim’ :slight_smile:

Here is the link for the Pagoda if anyone is not too far …

http://www.lepetitdasie.fr/pagode-phat-vuong-tu.html

I sat in the car while the owner filled up the petrol tank… Of course, with the engine switched off the “clime” went off too… it only took maybe 5 minutes, but I felt as if I were burning alive. thankfully I had my water bottle with me… but how anyone could leave dogs, kids or whatever…while they “pop into a shop” beats me…

4 Likes

Things could be worse…

I have not known a year like this… so many storms… phew… batten down everyone… :wink:

1 Like

Well a bit of welcome rain here, though it has messed up my ‘wombling’ today :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

We’re in the orange area and expecting a storm tonight after a hot & humid day. Bizarre weather this year.

Having said that. I just shared a post from Facebook at this time last year that said I’d had to put the heating on in August for the first time ever.

1 Like

gosh… that is a real change…

Can’t see us needing heating yet (hope not)… but we have a small electric fan rad… with thermostat… which takes the edge off if necessary… and it doesn’t cost a bomb…

1 Like

Finally the storm has arrived. It’s ferocious!! :cloud_with_lightning::cloud_with_lightning_and_rain::zap:

Continuous thunder and lightning for more than an hour now and torrential rain. Feeling fresher already after an oppressively hot day.

I just hope there is no damage or flooding anywhere. :crossed_fingers:

This has reminded me to check out a Woodman, we don’t have much left from last winter. … may seem daft in this heat… but… :thinking::zipper_mouth_face:

Not at all daft, the summer months are the time to order wood.

Yep… but it is the lugging from one spot to another… :roll_eyes: Folk are not so keen to attend a “wood party” when it is still almost touching 40c every day… everyone is flagging.

I always order mine in August but it’s not delivered until the end of September at the earliest.

We have had to stop using our wood burner as the particulates in the fumes cause problems for my asthma.
I have not had a chest infection in the winter since we have not lit the stove.
We keep a wood supply in case of losing our electricity.

1 Like

My asthma has improved dramatically since I left the world of fitted carpets and entered the world of woodburners. I suppose it depends on what triggers you attacks. Unfortunately for me most apples bring on asthma although at the moment Granny Smiths soon to be benign.

1 Like

Tonight’s storm approaching,

Pleased to be in the ‘Less Wild North’ Chris, you get some dramatic weather down Thar!

It’s blowing hard now too…