Wild weather -October /November 2018

They’ll be alright, so long as they wear wellington boots with thick rubber soles…:slight_smile:

Delighted to announce, a bit of significant rain today, :+1:
Hope it remembers to stop :thinking:

In our little corner it has been bright and windy… sufficient to dry the bedclothes ready to go back on for tonight… mmmm… they smell so good… :hugs:
not quite the same when they drip-dry in the bathroom…

Sunny and pretty hot here Stella, provoked dead heading the climbing roses at the front, the ground has, at last had a good soak the last couple of days :slightly_smiling_face:

Been looking through some old diaries… and, by now, we would be living almost fulltime outdoors… not this year though… :roll_eyes:

Bought a couple of New England wood chairs for balmy evenings on the terrace with aperos - not used them once yet and it’s nearly Midsummer’s Day / Night! One of those ‘First World’ problems again…:slight_smile:

1 Like

They would float, if necessary, I reckon… :roll_eyes:

1 Like

LOL ! Thinking of using them to help build the Ark…

Warm (but not hot) and sunny but very windy. It will be like this for several days.

Great for the washing and terrible for the hair :wind_face:

I’ve just lit the fire!!!

I love Adirondack chairs, they’re often painted in bright colours and are pretty comfortable.

1 Like

Blimey, just finished din’ on the terrace :slightly_smiling_face:

Better forecasts… fingers crossed

Mercury is up :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:

good sign

1 Like

Only complaint here recently, has been the lack of rain, but we have had a useful amount, the last few days :slightly_smiling_face:

Forecast here, warm and sunny for a week or two, up to 30°c, hope it says long enough to get acclimatized :wink:

It’s 34C in the shade here Bill… open windows on the shady side, to get the house aired, but I won’t let it get too hot. It is a comfortable 25C indoors at the moment… :relaxed:

I’ve got the fridged packed and intend to enjoy every lovely warm, wonderful moment… yippee

1 Like

30 will be fine :+1: :wink:

Yes, massive high pressure sitting over the UK and France keeping all those pesky weather fronts away!

Interestingly, as Bill maintains it has been generally dry this year - and he doesn’t live far from our place in Morbihan - my cellar is the wettest I’ve seen it with about 1cm of water on the floor (no panic, just in the “gutter” that runs along the edge specifically to catch anything which ingresses through the walls - pretty much all the rest is dry, a small area near the gutter is visibly damp but nothing else).