Wild weather -October /November 2018

:unamused: missed the Archers :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Plenty of donner und blitzen last night, cut the lekky, not so much rain, unfortunately :-1:

Wish I had been able to film our Sundau/Monday storm… but this is nearly as good, best on “full screen”…:relaxed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=45&v=w2mEnCzBl1w

1 Like

A lot of those strikes seemed to be in the same place, looked powerful, wouldn’t like to be underneath it☠

Had bugger all here.

We had wonderful sheet-lightning all across the horizon… and some fabulous zig-zags… sadly, unable to get photos…

Used to see incredible sheet lightning in Saudi, but only time lightning worried me was a violent storm off Anglesey Island, bolts hitting the sea around the boat.

Horribly oppressive the last few days here. We have storms forecast for this evening with 95kph winds and hailstones expected. Hoping it will bring some fresher air. :cloud_with_lightning_and_rain::umbrella::rainbow:

1 Like

Mercury and barograph rising in S 56 :wink:

Well, bloody hell :unamused::unamused::unamused:

Last night’s storm was a corker!

Lightning struck the local transformer, which just happens to be attached to the side of our apartment building, and our part of the village lost all power at about 7pm. I even felt it hit as I was watching the torrential rain out of an open window. There was flashing, sizzling and cracking - very frightening.

Enedis turned up within an hour. First a small van with 1 bloke who took a look and got on the phone. Then a couple of his mates turned up in a bigger van with lots of equipment. We knew we were in serious trouble when a bloody great lorry turned up.

Nightmare. Missed the football. No dinner.

You don’t realise how much you use electricity until it goes off for many many hours.

Couldn’t close the shutters which has been insufferable in the heat today and, of course, no fan to move the air around. No shower this morning so just a wash in cold water (I hate not being able to shower). No tea. Fridge and freezer gradually getting warmer. Even hubby’s medical bed was stuck in one position. Oh, and using the loo in total darkness is not funny!!

It finally got fixed at 4pm after 3 Spie vans and several man replaced the transformer.

There are more storms forecast for later today. It can’t happen again can it!? :scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream:

EDIT Can’t believe I forgot no internet!!!

1 Like

That’s just terrible, you missed the footy :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

2 Likes

Yup!! I missed history in the making. Missed the Panama game as well.

Still fuming :scream::unamused:

Ah, non of that rubbish up ‘ere int’ North tha’ knaws :rofl:

1 Like

Bill is right, or reet, depending how far north is North. It’s been like a baker’s oven every day for over a month here in this part of North-West France, broiling locals are drawn to dawdle limply in the aisles of our mammoth Lidl, where frosty zephyrs are released from the doors of the many meat, fish, and dairy chill-chambers which line its vaulted arcades.

The smaller Lidl it replaced (situated in a snooty locale) was much messier, not so cool, and had smaller trolleys, but the new braggart hyperLidl is less fun and almost everything edible is swaddled in plastic and piled up in glass cases with heavy doors. Poor show, Lidl!

:+1: Could do wid suma t’ watter they’re awash wid Peter :wink:

1 Like

No eclipse I fear, But it’s pouring down in S Morbihan, at last, Yippeeeeee! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Send some of that south please Bill. Parched and hot here.

1 Like

Bloody typical, would have been good for B’ to see a clear sky tonight, ‘hey ho’ :slightly_smiling_face:

If B’ could get a glimpse of the Moon tonight, I would happily donate our quota of watter Mandy, the ground here is like stone too :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

We are working at 6.30am and flaking at mid-day… phew…