Will your behaviour change from Monday 11/5/20?

Fair enough. I only ever use it for directions.

the Minister of the Interieur…is calling upon the intelligence of the French (and others, although unsaid)

and grandparents should wait for 1 or 2 months… before visiting new babes … :zipper_mouth_face: so unpack all those suitcases… grandad…

The pumpkin line!

It seems since the announcement that the lockdown is easing from today the number of cars on the road doubled, more than one person in many cars, half people wore masks in supermarkets but people didn’t care how close they were. Even the police have disappeared and things seem back to nearly normal, I doubt people won’t want to go back to work again.
I will continue to keep safe, work where safe at a distance and only shop for food and materials, I imagine most countries will have have a spike in a week or twos time. We are not going to stop people dying it’s going to be deciding what the government accesses what is a acceptable daily figure for the public,commerce, and hospitals.
Have a nice day all.

“I intend to, I’ve been confined too long, I need to get back to work…”

2 Likes

Look on the bright side, you can row just under half way to Corsica :wink:

2 Likes

I thought you were well retired Peter.

1 Like

We have a very large garden and a number of tables and chairs. I am sure that we will be having drinks with the neighbours we trust whilst all sitting at our respective tables.

I think you missed the point of his grim humour!

No I didn’t, I thought it was in poor taste.

A subject many people don’t like to think about. But death is just Nature’s way of telling us to slow down. . . . .

I nearly died when I was eighteen in a road accident, so I am aware that we none of us know what is round the corner.
I am not afraid of dying, it is the natural state of affairs, but like many others it is the manner of my death that concerns me.
I don’t believe that death is Nature’s way of telling us to slow down, it is illness that does that. Death is too late.

1 Like

I think it depends on the intention Jane if it was a joke the taste is dubious to say the least,but as a warning that more lives will be lost if people aren’t careful then it’s very good

1 Like

I think the whole was dubious and the fact that we have had a post on here from Anne Marie Huet who has lost a beloved cousin makes it even more so.

You want to see some of the stuff on Twitter! As a joke I agree with you, but I genuinely think people don’t realise how bad a second wave could be and do need warning so if it was a warning fair enough

3 Likes

That was another thread. It isn’t realistic to expect people to research every conversation in case they cause someone offence.
But for us oldies, the only thing that makes existence tolerable is to accept life and death as some kind of sick joke.

2 Likes

“Honi soit qui mal y pense” :thinking:

Sinon “il faut réfléchir avant d’agir”

Which roughly translates as - “Honey, you keep turning up like a bad penny!”

2 Likes

I went for a bike ride, just for fun and exercise, I have missed it so much. I can’t walk far so it is great to be able to bike. It was so nice to see a hairdresser in town open and no long lines of people waiting, just a few people in the shop. Lots of tree branches down from the storm and the wind still blowing a gale and taking air from my lungs. Bike rides are my main change with lockdown over.

2 Likes

Where are you coming from?
How dare you say that my life and that of others is some kind of sick joke?
There are not that many of us that post on SF regularly and if you can see that there has been a post, even if you chose not to reply to it.