Windsor Davies

Windsor Davies has died today aged 88.

1 Like

Mr la de da gunner Davis

1 Like

I used to love that series…

1 Like

Had been living in France since he retired.

1 Like

Well, he should have enjoyed his last years then… :relaxed:

1 Like

In one episode he says’i have never seen such a display of blatant poofery.’
Would never be aired now with such remarks and yet it was his attitude we were laughing at not gay people.

Quite so… Teresa…

I’ve friends of all colours/persuasions/whatever … and when we are together, we relax and have a wonderful time… laughing and joking… we don’t have to stop and think “oh, will this offend”… because we are laughing with each other not at each other…

I fear that much of our banter would not go down well in a public.

2 Likes

The show was of it’s time but in today’s ‘pc’ world no one would dare put it on tv which is a shame as it would highlight how more tolerant and respectful we’ve become.

1 Like

I know that some of my pals are heartily sick and tired of PC … even if it is meant to be for their benefit.

and, perhaps I should explain… we laugh and joke amongst ourselves… but not at the expense of others (whether present or not)

Till Death us Do Part probably did more to highlight racism than any other programme. It made the general public realise what offensive bigotry was really like.

1 Like

and… Love Thy Neighbour…gave a different view…showed both sides… :thinking:

Yes. Although for me it was never as funny or watchable as the other comedies at the time.

Used to see him regularly at the Saturday market in Montaigu de Quercy 82 when we lived in that area and was always easy to approach and to talk too.

The best part of 20 years I believe that they have lived in France.

1 Like