Wine or Beer?

Why do you have to use such a perjorative word as hatred?
I will not be dragged into your attempt to paint me as something I am not.

What you’ve just said Jane is sadly so predictable, everyone’s different though and it wouldn’t bother me moving back or moving somewhere else, I will never have the dislike of the UK that you or others have.

To feel hatred; to wish to avoid.

I don’t find it strange that anyone should have strong feelings against those of their fellow citizens who have voted to to take away their rights and materially change their way of life.
To disallow their fellow citizens whose lives would be most affected the chance to even vote shows what a disgusting state of affairs now prevails in UK.
The Labour Party talked out the Bill which was passing through Parliament to rectify that.
I don’t suppose TM will shout about this manifesto promise going down the drain.

Jane, I just don’t get it. You’ve said you wouldn’t want to return to the UK but are complaining bitterly that you’ve lost the ability to vote in the country, talk about cake and eat it.

3 Likes

Cider is the future.

1 Like

Ps this thread has gone a bit bonkers. Wine or beer a glass of something nice is called for :grinning:

4 Likes

I drink anything though wine from places you’ve been can be a shot in the arm over winter. I’ll try and choose something from somewhere we’ve visitied. Your imaginaton does the rest. Probably same with some beers especially the trappist style from northern Europe. Some of the German wines are good - we were in Bernkastel-Kues one Easter (Germans seem to make Easter special with some exterior Bunnies etc) We tried some wines, small glasses, arrayed on a wooden tray resembling a vine leave. Great stuff - unlike much of the rot sent to the UK in the 70’s and 80’s.

1 Like

Whilst we can easily get a decent Bordeaux locally other choices are a bit limited and it’s difficult to get anything from outside of France. Our nearest supermarkets now stock beer from all over the place including the UK and the US and the wonderful Noz has been supplying us with loads of British beer for months. I think we get spoilt with the variety of beer and wine available on trips to the UK so when we get back here we’re a bit disappointed with what’s on offer.

Yes - unlike most of you I’m only in France for relatively short periods. Majestic wines have a great range - global - though reports in the media suggest they will be closing a number of stores and focus on web sales. Lidl and Aldi also stock “upmarket” ranges but their everyday drinkers are quite acceptable too.

GIN

1 Like

Read this whole thread. Still can’t decide. So I’ve had a glass of sake and now I’m ready to embrace all alcohol from all cultures. I’m the UN of alcoholic delights. :crazy_face:

4 Likes

Now it’s interesting you post Gin that is a favourite of David and I however our local French Supermarkets have very very limited choice 2-3 types is this typical in France? Do I need to stock up on my favourites?

1 Like

Yes, definitely.

Or Cremant.

1 Like

I haven’t lost my ability to vote.
I am concerned for those who have and were denied a vote in the Referendum.
I, like many many others want to have a say on how the British Government treats its pensioners.
Also we have family in UK and how they are treated matters to us as well.
I think your remark was misdirected to say the least.

1 Like

Why oh why does everything always come back to this brexshit nonsense, it about wine and beer, and I like both. One before the other, doesn’t matter, both at the same e time, doesn’t matter

4 Likes

Beer first, then wine. Anyone who thinks differently is a heathen.:grinning:

Well no, the point is being unable to have any say in which direction the UK is steered, by being disenfranchised, means that the UK has now gone in a direction Jane really doesn’t like. And decisions taken in Westminster, over which she can’t even put in an opinion by voting, will have lasting effects on her present life here in France as well as that of her children and grandchildren, and on any possible future life of hers or theirs, in the UK.

I guess because this Brexshite nonsense is going to touch every aspect of the lives of UK citizens - both at home and abroad.

Anyway back to beverages.

Can I put in a vote for French cidre, can’t get on with the over strong stuff on sale at home but adore the sparkling variety when we come over.

1 Like