Winter flu jab, will you be getting yours?

yes never done it last year,and i had flu,it was very bad,2 weeks it lasted, and my baby girl caught it from me..my grand dad is 98years,he had his flu jag for 20years,and he is fine!!so yes and yes

I think one year they included swine flu in the jab - maybe it was this that affected you so badly, Michael.

We’ve just had ours (self administered). Have had it every year for the last 9 years and never had a bad reaction or, more importantly, 'flu! The printed information sheet in with the syringe says that there should be no reaction as it is dead vaccine.

Yes, I'll definitely be having mine, I've had the letter through already. I've never had any side effects and anyway they wouldn't be as bad as getting 'flu'. The last time I had it was in 1975 and I was really poorly and was so grateful to be offered the jabs when they came out years ago.

Nope, I enjoy the time off work if I'm ill to watch day-time Midsomer Murders tele and read my Kindle. :)

Yes. No side effects last year!

I've never tried the flu jab because I know quite a few people who had bad reactions to them. In good old kiwiland we used to have something called Buccaline (Berner), which is a series of tablets (7 to be exact) which you take in increasing doses over a few days to help with bacterial colds. I used this a few times and found it excellent. The only thing is you need to be healthy (ie no colds or flus) when you take it otherwise it can make you really ill. The idea is to build up your antibodies with the current strains of certain bacteria which might otherwise make a cold or flu worse. I haven't seen this available here and my internet search only brought up NZ sites, so perhaps it's an unknown thing on this side of the world?