Winter fuel allowance

Hi, I live in Sornac, limousin, two years ago it wheat down to -25c with about 300mm snow for about two weeks it never got above zero, today we have a wind chill factor of minus 13c but the government have proved with statistics that france no longer requires the wfa for pensioners because it’s too warm ! Hope the politicians who are responsible for this are warm in their paid for Chelsea flats !

Good idea!

Perhaps we should all send emails to one mp at a time until he is sick of opening them, could do it on a rota system of all members of survive france over a period of a few days per mp! P… them off a bit

I think we shall allow you to add the missing letters to my only comment to that MP. BS!

Please find attached a standard reply from my MP! doesn't look very promising.

Hi Brian, don’t hold your breath this is the auto reply from my last mp in pembrokeshireThank you for your e-mail. This acknowledgement has been triggered electronically as I have not yet had a chance to read your message.

I receive a large number of letters and e-mails every day and I aim to respond to everything as soon as I can. I try to handle everything quickly and efficiently but complex issues may need time so please do not be disappointed if you do not receive an immediate reply.

If your case needs urgent assistance please call the office on 01437 767555.

If you are a constituent, please could you ensure that you have included your full name, postal address and telephone number(s) in your e-mail. If you have not already done so, please re-send your e-mail with this information as I cannot reply without it. Please note that there is a strict Parliamentary rule within the House of Commons that MPs may only act upon communication from their own constituents.

I send out monthly e-bulletins updating constituents on what I am doing as an MP, and will add your name to this list unless you ask not to receive them.

I will be in touch soon.

Kind regards,

Stephen

Member of Parliament for Preseli Pembrokeshire
Suite 1, 20 Upper Market Street, Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, SA61 1QA
www.stephencrabb.com

UK Parliament Disclaimer: This e-mail is confidential to the intended recipient. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender and delete it from your system. Any unauthorised use, disclosure, or copying is not permitted. This e-mail has been checked for viruses, but no liability is accepted for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail.

Thanks for the info, dealt with it this morning, upto -3c now here,but obviously warm! Must fetch the logs in for the fire, in the words of the intrepid explorer I’ll be back…

Joseph we have been on the case for quite some time. take a look at:

http://www.survivefrance.com/forum/topics/winter-fuel-payment-update

and more recently

http://www.survivefrance.com/forum/topics/help-expats-to-keep-the-winter-fuel-payments-this-is-urgent

There are others back to 2012 and in between. Join in and act.

PS It is ONLY -4°C here this morning in tropical France...