Winter Night Skies - updated

Shortest day of the year… with what should be a wonderful spectacle tonight…

and if you want to check what you are seeing, right now… this link can be tweeked to suit everyone, everywhere

(there are so many websites to choose from, but this one I find very useful…as I don’t have a smartphone/app)

https://in-the-sky.org/skymap.php

We have had cloud cover for days here.
Perhaps we will be luckier tonight, but it is raining at the moment.

raining here too Jane… nuisance… but fingers crossed for a break in the clouds tonight…

It’s lashing down here with winds of 70 km/h and it was a wild and windy night too!

At least I am in the dry and warm, there are many out there who don’t even have these basic comforts :cry:

Don’t think it will clear for the spectacle, although the weather can change quickly so I am keeping my fingers crossed !

Weather is crazy…

We braved Perigueux with some friends the other day…

started in chilly cloud, swiftly turned blazing (reach for sunglasses and switched on the aircon) … dashed into Auchan, so hot took coats off…shopped and tried to leave… torrential rain…

so we had early lunch and left in blazing sun again…

into LeClerc… so hot we left coats in car… shopped and tried to leave… yep… torrential rain… only now, no coats… we wandered in the arcade for 30 mins and finally braved the rain… arghhhhh

Set your alarms for 5 ish tomorrow morning… and take a peek outside…

3 Likes

An hour earlier in the Uk ( you know what I mean) but the weather forecast is very cloudy

Yes, so much depends on clear skies… just at the right time.

I love watching the magic in the skies… :hugs: