Winter Wonderland

Moving on from Autumnal Treats, to photos of winter which could include Christmas

It's just about gone here -thankfully! Ten days is enough...Here's an unusual scene - The River Charente froze! Have some better ones still in the camera. The dogs thought the whole thing was wonderful!![](upload://p1bS9uiDZ4g8q1mDAe9Q4Vjiv74.jpg)

I am still waiting for a bit of Winter Wonderland here! Hand four days of sunshine with a bit of frost. Will be heading up to the ski resort at Gourette at the weekend to get a snow fix and a bit of toboganning with the grandchildren.

It has been an interesting photographic challenge these last couple of weeks! First attempting to get good shots in the snow without too many blown out highlights - learning to use exposure compensation + when too bright and - when too dark; then trying to photograph birds through the window. Interesting experience here - the naked eye doesn't notice the aberrations in the old glass, but by golly my telephoto lens does! So I have repaired our old loo tent and will try hiding in that in the garden.... Here's one I did earlier, straight out of the camera!![](upload://vYfNAOIKizhkxpxWQBXalguz8Dq.jpg)

best of both Richard. We haven't had a very good autumn or winter so far as regards photography.