Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!

It's Christmas Eve, the fire's lit, the presents are wrapped and the Champagne is open so there's only one thing left to do...

Wish all our members a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

With very best wishes from Catharine, James and the rest of the team xx

Artwork Suzy Davis

So I guess he end up peddling his wheres wares life away...

Bet she had fun with his Sturmey Archer !

Err, she took him for a ride, perhaps?

Well I have to say, i've never seen a solicitor on a bike !

True Pete, very true. Why did we choose the wrong professions? I have yet to meet a poor lawyer, or one that doesn't complain about being poor who can only renew the BMW every third year - thank Christmas infidelity no doubt.

It's not all doom and gloom Brian cos' I recall a solicitor mate telling me a few years back his busiest weeks of the whole year were immediately after Christmas & the New Year with a steady stream of couples filing for divorce after the 'excesses' of xmas parties & office do's etc

Can't beat a bit of infidelity at xmas !

Christmas has not been good for some though. City Links announcing they're bust and laying off all those people on Christmas day, John Lewis saying sales are down badly and apparently not getting the Boxing Day sales they hoped for, Marks and Sparks shares are still sliding and things do not not look good with the £umpteen million losses denting their £10.3bn turnover announced plus Thorntons announcing their sales are badly down. Each is laying off people, apart from City Links it would appear that there are to be lots of termination of employment notices at the end of the month. Poor buggers, but why all in a heap at Christmas?

No Doreen not him, the other one. Just wikied and found this guy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moore_Marriott - He seemed a funny little fellow with a sqeaky voice

Forgot Charles Hawtree appeared with them too !

Vic, Peter, according to Billy Connolly that's a Jimmy Logan joke !

Don't recall seeing any Will Hay films over the xmas period for yonks. Ted Ray always reminded me of Mr Hay for some reason. Who was the funny little man with WH ?

Good to see the Carry Ons getting another airing.

Well done Vic, good joke circa 1935 Will Hay !

Found out today our Mairie had to open up the salle des fêtes on Saturday night to put up three coaches of Poles on their way to Puy St Vincent ski resort. The gendarmerie had to chuck em out at three in the morning, after having emptied several crates of vodka they'd wrecked the place :) Tourism, eh? Supposed to bring economic benefits...

Just like my mum always said ...

'Never trust a Peruvian"

That's it, not tall enough to get in the way of the wind! Must be them, little pests.

Could well be something in that. According to wiki the average heights are :

Male - 164 cm (5 feet 4 1/2 inches)

Female - 151cm (4 feet 11 1/2 inches)

That's about the long and short of it.

No, they're no tall enough.

Maybe the Peruvians Brian ?

It's been a fine blend of fine rain, deceptive sun and a biting but not strong wind that cuts your sensitivities off. I also have a leaking (row of blasphemies) pipe. I have reduced it to a drip but we have had a row of minus nights forecast so I guess it will be a 'Thar she blows!' job sooner or later. Now who can I blame? Must be Belgians, Greeks or Brummies...

thanks Ian,

I'll warble it as I walk the dog on the morrow. Rhyming slang I think?

No snow 'ere just a bit of sun.